Lightning Rodder banner

Vin number location

3K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  J.Rovirosa 
#1 ·
One year gen 2. 2000 black lightning owner here in ireland. The issue I am having is we have to do a yearly test and they wouldn't pass it because we couldn't find the vin number stamped on it. Just to be clear they won't except the window tag. Does anybody know if it stamped anywhere on the chassis. Thanks

#5 ·
I don't think you will find one. I am not familiar with there being one like that.

I'm fortunate, I live in an area where no safety or smog checks are done. It's so nice. I moved here from commiefornia in 2002. Lovin it! Get to carry guns with no permit. Any kind of knife I want, up to and including BIG BAD-ASS Bowie knives.

I dd a 98 Ranger with all the smog stuff either deleted or blocked off. Runs great, gets super gas mileage. Piece of black tape on the dash over the CEL and it's all good! So far, I have the EGR deleted on my Lightning.

#15 ·
One year gen 2. 2000 black lightning owner here in ireland. The issue I am having is we have to do a yearly test and they wouldn't pass it because we couldn't find the vin number stamped on it. Just to be clear they won't except the window tag. Does anybody know if it stamped anywhere on the chassis. Thanks
it’s time those island monkeys joined the rest of us here after 1997

no frame stamped VIN

so either add the stamp or petition them to start applying common sense

Reactions: cbxer55
#27 ·
The pickup spent most of its life in Germany the guy who bought it and imported it to ireland had it verified for customs and duty and then sold it to me, but unfortunately the revenue failed to load it to the system. I have been calling around all week and have got a appointment with a (psv officer) who hopefully will verify it for me. But if anyone is interested I searched for 2 hours looking for a vin stamped on the body and found nothing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.