Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the new Dynomax muffler on Saturday. A buddy is in town from Arizona and I had to show him what the Lightning is all about. Took him out for a ride and he video'd it so he could show it to friends back home. His commentary is priceless...and R rated...so watch out! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY8T36JgjsQ

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
super badass man!!!!!!!!! The only bad thing is the blowe!!!:smt042 send it to me asap please!!:bigtu

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha, no kidding...that white whipple not only sounds terrible...it looks terrible under the hood too!! I'll have it off and ship it to you by friday.

LOL.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Too quiet. LOL. Sounds much better than the flowcrapper.

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
Sounds AWESOME w/ the new muffler! Priceless comments.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Looks like Whip is in the future for me.....damn sounds great!!!!!

·
7th Fetzer valve, yeah...
2,143 Posts
Sounds great, and the commentary is even better! Sure is fun making people swear in the passenger seat. I feel you on the justice part, vids never give the true sensation of how fast you're going (or accelerating).

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
i just wanna know the exhaust setup. when i get time im gonna build my own system and im diggin the sound of this muffler.
Mark's exhaust consists of OBX headers and mids with their resonators in place, dynomax ultraflow X muffler, and the OBX tails, all 2.5" with 3.5" tips. You can look in his Youtube profile for clips of my truck as well which is very similar except mine is all 3" from the headers back using race bullets for resonators and 4" tips vs. Marks 3.5" tips.

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
Holy Taco!!! OMG that sounds So bad ass.... WOW

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds great Mark!!
Thanks Tony!
Too quiet. LOL. Sounds much better than the flowcrapper.
Hells yes, TONS better. Its quieter than yours, that's for sure...but at the same time, thats fine with me. I love the tone of it. You'll have to take a ride with me again before the snow flies!
wait that was a whipple making that whine????
Yes sir...mine whines a lot. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like at 20+ psi!!
Sounds AWESOME w/ the new muffler! Priceless comments.
Thanks! Yea, his comments crack me up. I've watched the vid at least 10 times and laughed just as hard each time.
Looks like Whip is in the future for me.....damn sounds great!!!!!
Dooo eeet!!
Sounds great, and the commentary is even better! Sure is fun making people swear in the passenger seat. I feel you on the justice part, vids never give the true sensation of how fast you're going (or accelerating).
That was actually the passenger that wrote the caption for the vid. He uploaded it from his iphone. Either way, yea...the vid doesnt do it justice at all.
Sweet! A little OD action would have been nice! :p
I would have eased into O/D...but now that its colder my a/f's are much leaner. It was 38* F at the time of those pulls...lol.
Mark's exhaust consists of OBX headers and mids with their resonators in place, dynomax ultraflow X muffler, and the OBX tails, all 2.5" with 3.5" tips. You can look in his Youtube profile for clips of my truck as well which is very similar except mine is all 3" from the headers back using race bullets for resonators and 4" tips vs. Marks 3.5" tips.
:bigtu

Had a pretty awesome fabricator/welder do some custom stuff to it as well. He really hooked me up. I'm gonna owe him some wrench time when the big block swap time comes for his Willys. :smt023

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Say when
2,762 Posts
Mark that's exactly what a Lightning should sound and run like. I know your very proud of the beast it has become. Freakin awesome bro.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts