·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Blowerslut valve body - Asked for a 60% street / 40% drag strip valve body
Very happy with the one I received.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Rockin' an original FTVB (signed) and it is def a must do (Blower or Punisher)...... I tow my 20ft Blazer bass boat and I know the FTVB has helped in the life span of my transmission.

·
Never Satisfied!!
173 Posts
Both are good. If you plan on dyno tuning the truck,do it after installing VB. I tuned mine before and had to go back to get shift pressures changed. One of the best mods you can do IMO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm also interested in buying a VB for my 90K mileage Lightning. Where can I get one? Fairly new to this site.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't mean to derail the thread, but I thought messing with line pressure is a big no no. You can change shift points but leave the line pressure alone.

·
2,428 Posts
I don't mean to derail the thread, but I thought messing with line pressure is a big no no. You can change shift points but leave the line pressure alone.
Changing line pressure via tune is a no no.... Built valve body is the way to go

·
Head of R&D at A1 Transmission
5,624 Posts
Changing line pressure via tune is a no no.... Built valve body is the way to go
You can raise line pressure in the tune with stock VB. After installing an improved VB the line pressures need to remain stock in the tune.

This is somewhat generic for otherwise stock vehicles/transmissions. Fully built examples use both methods simultaneously.

·
2,428 Posts
You can raise line pressure in the tune with stock VB. After installing an improved VB the line pressures need to remain stock in the tune.

This is somewhat generic for otherwise stock vehicles/transmissions. Fully built examples use both methods simultaneously.
Stand corrected... Thanks Fade

Line pressure adjustment in the tune scares me a bit..... Read a good bit on this back when I got my Lightning (2004) and the general consensus was leave it stock in the tune and go VB.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts