Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 lightning that I assume the get has already been deleted. I’d like to just completely rerun all the vacuum lines and I need a diagram or just some old head to tell me what I need and where it needs to go! It runs like shit and I’d like to get all the leaks fixed before I drop all my cash to run a mass airflow kit! Thanks. Here’s a photo from when I saved her.
Tire Wheel Car Cloud Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
828 Posts
+1 on the pimpxshift. A mass air kit may be an easier option at times but it still needs tuned. The pimpxshift is far superior and not bad to install.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
DrFraZZy
961 Posts
I stole this from bumperquip at nloc;

The coffee can is the vacuum reservoir needed to properly operate the EGR.

Your vapor recovery/charcoal canister is located on the inside of the passenger frame rail below the battery.

To remove the AIR injection system with no codes, remove the pump and the hard lines and rubber hoses. The green and beige vacuum lines are also removed.

All of the sensors on the back of the EGR spacer are retained and remain plugged into the harness. The vacuum lines on bottom two sensors are removed and the nipples are plugged. But they both stay plugged in.

The EGR is retained as is the vacuum reservoir. The red and black vacuum lines stay connected to the reservoir and stay connected to the associated solenoids.

You're generating DTCs because you've removed the vacuum reserve but kept the EGR, which now sees inadequate operational vacuum.

If you truly have removed the evaporative emissions canister and the associated purge valve, that'll generate a DTC as well.

As long as you keep the EGR a tune is not needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate everyone helping but I’m not in a situation to run any ems or mass air kit on it. If anyone can tell me what vacuum lines that are vitally needed I’m going to delete everything else to try and gain simplicity out of the vacuum system. Will post a video of it running and pictures of the engine bay if needed or wanted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts