Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is not working, so I figured I ask here before I get too buried into it,

Turn the key on I see it move but stays in the VAC area, when running does not move go to boost or in neutral vac zone.

This is the factory gauge in dash

Has anyone ran into this.

Thanx

BT

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine recently. There was a buildup of crap in the line going to the gauge. Cleaned out the line and all is OK now.

·
Forged Internals, like Roses to Men
1,099 Posts
It's the only Vac line that comes out of the midplate on the driver's side. Should have a rubber 90 degree elbow and some normal vac line running back towards the firewall.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It's the only Vac line that comes out of the midplate on the driver's side. Should have a rubber 90 degree elbow and some normal vac line running back towards the firewall.
I have 2-3 spare's of those little 90 degree elbows in my glove box. For awhile, for whatever reason, maybe I got a bad few, but they kept splitting and breaking causing a leak and causing the gauge to not work properly. Check that first?

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
simple one mikey...just look at the firewall on driver side...find the one black vac line that comes through it and trace it back to the supercharger midplate where it connects to a rubber 90 along with a red vac line. if you look up under the dash locate the black vac line coming through the fire wall and trace it back....

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
I have 2-3 spare's of those little 90 degree elbows in my glove box. For awhile, for whatever reason, maybe I got a bad few, but they kept splitting and breaking causing a leak and causing the gauge to not work properly. Check that first?
most of the damn aftermarket rubber vac line connections are crap and dry rot out really quickly....buy some quality ones (ie not from the damn parts store self help section)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K, Here is the true problem, took a trip and actually paid attention to the Vac/Boost gauge, it does work but when turn the key on the needle goes all the way into Vac and not the neutral center area, but when get on it it does show boost, so could it be the gauge or?? just asking

Thanx

BT

·
Guilty by Association
19,345 Posts
Thats normal. Idle and normal driving the guage will show vac, it won't move until you put your right foot into it and the supercharger starts making boost

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
i normally see 20" of vac while idling, varies when driving, boost when in boost, and about 24" vac while decelerating..... stock pullies.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
really?? I always remembered it in the neutral area "0" or center of the gauge, but now it pegs all the way down to vac before the truck is even running, But you guys know best so will go with that

Thanx

BT

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found another L downtown the other day and asked him to start his truck, the Vac/boost gauge sat right in the middle / 0 when the key on not all the way to the bottom pegged Vacuum. and then read Vac while running, can anyone take a look at theirs. When I turn my key on it pegs to full vac and I know that is not right.

Thanx BT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts