Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
trust me... you cant do what i do!
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one have one??? i need to get another truck or an SUV and have always liked these. but the v10's are about the only ones priced right... id never own a 6.0 psd and the 7.3's people want to bend you over and give it to you raw

just curious how bad they really are on gas

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
I miss my old F-250 that had the 6.8, and funny enough it got the same mileage as the 2 wheel drive F-150 I traded it in on...

I averaged about 16-17 on the highway and about 13-14 in town if I kept my foot out of it

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
my wife liked the V-10 so much she wants me to put one into her Expy...

·
Registered
880 Posts
We have one as a company vehicle and used it to haul an enclosed trailer to the Shelby meet in Tulsa back in June and it got around 10mpg.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
We have one as a company vehicle and used it to haul an enclosed trailer to the Shelby meet in Tulsa back in June and it got around 10mpg.
10mpg's highway pulling the trailer?

what gears are in it?? if it has 3.55's or worse I could see

but if it has 3.73's or 4.10's it should've done better

how was the power???

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Yeah I had a '03 f-250 with 8" lift on 37's and I got 10mpg city or hwy, it did sound badass though with an exhaust

Edit, Mine had 3.73's and it got about 8-9 with a loaded trailer

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
I had 33" tires and 3.73 gears on mine with a 5 speed... I miss it, it had so much more room than the F-150 (the F-150 is way faster though :laughing25 )

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
How about an excursion with a 6.4 powerstroke [smilie=bo
[IMG]http://www.customautosbytim.com/09_Excursion_DLUX_005_op_640x406.jpg[/IMG]

Now you can get a "2011" Excursion with the 6.7

http://www.customautosbytim.com/

·
trust me... you cant do what i do!
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are alot of nice Lightnings out there for sale. You know you miss yours.:bigtu:bigtu
as much as i miss mine... the wifey is into horses and im going to need something to pull them and the fox. after this winter its not going to be to streetable if i pull the trigger on the gears im looking at. rear is coming out in the next few weeks to be rebuilt. it has 3.73's now and im looking at going to a 4.30

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
13 Participants
Blown5Pnt4
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing