Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been any problems running adapters for a different pattern wheel for these trucks? Looking into getting some U.S. Mags wheels and they do not come in the 5x135 pattern. Sorry for all the questions im just new to these trucks and do not want to do something wrong!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Has there been any problems running adapters for a different pattern wheel for these trucks? Looking into getting some U.S. Mags wheels and they do not come in the 5x135 pattern. Sorry for all the questions im just new to these trucks and do not want to do something wrong!
i have never run adapters on my lightning but adapter or spacers allways make me nervous

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have never run adapters on my lightning but adapter or spacers allways make me nervous
That’s the way I feel as well but our wheel selection is limited unless going full custom wheels. Just wanting something different than every other lightning in the world

·
Registered
59 Posts
adapters are illegal in most places .. check that - and not very safe in any place so..better to leave those to the seventeen year old drift king wannabe's

better to have rotors / hubs and axle flanges that are correct if you need to change to only one wheel bad enough

who needs selection when you can have the only wheel you need anyways?

"eagle alloys 111" - or 211?.. I believe they are a subsidiary of ARE but I might be mistaken
15 - 17 or 20 inch , same widths we need for our trucks and that odd 5x135 bolt pattern
polished , grey or black spoke & polished rims

been meaning to get a set or a couple of years .. already have the "shelby" center caps - but right now I need another truck more
from calli auto trader nov '19

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
adapters are illegal in most places .. check that - and not very safe in any place so..better to leave those to the seventeen year old drift king wannabe's

better to have rotors / hubs and axle flanges that are correct if you need to change to only one wheel bad enough

who needs selection when you can have the only wheel you need anyways?

"eagle alloys 111" .. I believe they are a subsidiary of ARE but I might be mistaken
17 or 20 inch , same widths we need for our trucks and that odd 5x135 bolt pattern
polished , grey or black spoke & polished rims

been meaning to get a set or a couple of years .. already have the "shelby" center caps - but right now I need another truck more
from calli auto trader nov '19
Those wheels look badass. Reminds me of the bullet wheel. Some guys were running some polished wheels before but they were in the 2k+ range. Those were good options but expensive. I save d thiis picture. Wheels look badass. DSC02817.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Those wheels just don’t do it for me.......
I like variety and wish that we had a lil more options in the wheel department but I guess we can’t have it all - right!

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,506 Posts
I've run a pair of adapters on the back for years. IF you get them from WheelAdapters.com, they are billet parts, not cast. And they have the correct surfaces for the hub centric configuration. Actually, the rims fit the adapters tighter than they do the stock brake area. I have to beat them off with a rubber mallet on the back of the tires to get them off. I started putting a small bit of grease on the conical area to make them easier to get off.

Lots of things we do to our vehicles is illegal. We still do it. I frankly, don't give a damn. I'm going to do what I'm going to do. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. If you want to run wider rims in the back, like stock widened rims, it's almost a necessity to run an adapter or spacers with longer studs. I plan on running widened stock rims, so adapters it is. I just will not use cheap cast parts. The ones I mentioned cost a lot of money. But they are used by racers.

I have two one inch and two 1.5 inch adapters. I've run the 1.5's quite a bit, they're an on/off item for me. I put them on for a while, then take them off. Been wanting to trim the studs and put the one inch ones on permanently. I think they would look about perfect. The 1.5's stick out a hair. The ones should be flush with the fender tops, like the fronts are. I've always hated the back tires being tucked in under the fenders while the fronts are nearly perfectly flush.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Some definitely run adapters I think it is more what you are comfortable with doing. I personally prefer to get the correct bolt pattern. Not sure what style Us Mags you are going for but I know there are other options that can be ordered with our bolt pattern. I also have some Boyd Coddingtons for sale with the correct bolt pattern and they look similar to a couple of the US mag wheels I saw online.

Good luck with your search.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts