Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
DSGFTW
5,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get some feedback on MMR and there short/long blocks.

Ive read all the bad reviews some members have had on here with there MMR stuff.

I know that MMR saw those and said there going to do better. But has anybody used there motors since these negitive reviews on there motors?

There deals on shortblocks are pretty good and when i do my build im not gunna go all out at first but i do want to get a good, all forged, ARP stud shortblock to have for when i get the TFs and Whipple.

My plans are to get
A good shortblock that will hold up 500-700
Stock ported heads
Stage 2 Comp cams or PSI custom cam
2800-3k stall
Magnum Powers with cog (if i can find one)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
their new super sale got my attention as-well. imo the money saved with them probably isn't going to be worth it, especially if you have to pull the motor a couple time and send it back:smt102.

when i get ready im dropping mine off a dmp for a worry/stress free swap

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
thier warranty aint all that either..they do jus enuff to ship it rite back out

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
The MMR deals are very tempting, but I have heard too many local stories about problems with them. Steer clear. Warranty is not worth the heartache of doing the job twice.

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
Do a search on modularfords.

Do a search anywhere for that matter and you will get the same results.

Overall satisfaction is poor. Sure they have some good reviews but for the most part they dont. I have been telling people this for years but was either told I'm bashing someone else or was wrong but recent events (during the past 18 month after they put everything on sale) has backed up what I have said about them.

MMR offered the first CAI for the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 and I bought one to test thier claims. They claimed 25hp with no tune and guess what? It didnt even make 6hp and for the most part is a POS. I hung it on the wall as a reminder to everyone that walks in the door that just because a company says something doesnt mean its true.

If you want a good quality engine using nothing but the best parts and backed by the word and honor of well respected and professional people then just give me a call. We have not had one failure of any built motor we have sold. PERIOD!!!!!

:bigtu

JJ

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
If you want a good quality engine using nothing but the best parts and backed by the word and honor of well respected and professional people then just give me a call. We have not had one failure of any built motor we have sold. PERIOD!!!!!
JJ

That says it all right there - ya get what ya pay for.................

Bird

·
My junk is SOLD!!!!!
2,260 Posts
I learned a valuable lesson, try find someone close to you to do your build... I'm in NJ, MMR is in CA... I had to pull my MMR longblock back out. I had a TF head fail with 3000 miles on it, can't place the blame at MMR or TF directly, but I also can't blame anyone else. They DID cover all costs to fix it, but I could tell as soon as I got back that corners were cut in that process. They seemed to just do what they had to. I know their prices are the best around, and you may get lucky and not have an issue. Its a lot of money to spend and a lot of work involved just to do it once. Do your research and take your time finding a builder, as close to you as possible. If I had to do it again, I would not use them.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,603 Posts
Don't get a MMR motor. It's like playing Russian Roulette. It is tempting looking at their prices, but if you go back and look at some of the issues guys have had on just this forum it is not worth it. I really believe they are in the business for QUANTITY not QUALITY. There are very reputable builders on this site. WMS is my first choice, but you have JDM, PSI and some others as mentioned.

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
my mantra is & always will be quality over price. Sure they may have cheap engines & sales, but an engine is not something I would want to sacrifice ANY quality on. IMO until MMR starts proving everyone wrong & delivering a quality product time after time I wouldn't do business with them. It's gonna take a while to fix their rep. In the Lightning community we are actually VERY lucky to have so many awesome builders out there for mod motors.
WMS, JDM, JLP, PSI, Fastlane, Boss331 just to name a few! I'd do some shopping around and see what prices you get. You might find someone that you are willing to pay more for their experience, knowledge, or simply in the way that they treat you.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
31 Participants
xXPattycakes
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing