Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month ago when it was really hot out my truck started to cut out under load. So after changing plugs, fuel filter. The truck ran fine after that.

But now I keep getting a P0113 code and I keep changing the AIR TEMP sensor and resetting the code. But it comes back.

And my truck here and there cuts out from time to time. One night it pulls hard, but just now coming home from work I punched it and it started to cut out.

What do you guys think? Also I'm going to datalog later today.

Oh and its all on a 00L with few bolt-ons.

·
land of 10,000 lakes!
411 Posts
Ford has a tool to test the load of the coils all at once. I had a ford tech check mine and it shows on the graph which ones were bad. It was the ford scan tool that plugged into the obdii port.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Do the usual turn your truck on and disconect one coil at a time to see if the idle changes.. Ones u get to a coil and your idle dont change then thats a sign of a bad coil.
This can work if it is a totally screwed coil...But, a lot of times they will wait until they are under load before they act up...Hey Grunt, did you tell her to think light when she posed for the pics, aluminum hood you know...Oh what the hell, it would be worth a couple of knee marks so you will always remember.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ford has a tool to test the load of the coils all at once. I had a ford tech check mine and it shows on the graph which ones were bad. It was the ford scan tool that plugged into the obdii port.

Just went up there and they told they won't took a lightning for less the 200 dollars to drive it in the door.

This can work if it is a totally screwed coil...But, a lot of times they will wait until they are under load before they act up...Hey Grunt, did you tell her to think light when she posed for the pics, aluminum hood you know...Oh what the hell, it would be worth a couple of knee marks so you will always remember.

Once its hot I get a check engine light and then after that under boost it starts cutting out.

And god no, She weighs like 98 pounds. I was more scared when I got on the hood with her.

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Go and get yourself one GOOD coil pack. Swap it with your #1 and drive it. If it still misses, move it to #2 and repeat until the miss is gone. When its gone you found the bad cop.

First though, I would check your plug gaps and vacume line into the intake elbow. Either one will cause the same symptoms under load.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go and get yourself one GOOD coil pack. Swap it with your #1 and drive it. If it still misses, move it to #2 and repeat until the miss is gone. When its gone you found the bad cop.

First though, I would check your plug gaps and vacume line into the intake elbow. Either one will cause the same symptoms under load.

I have the money so I was just going to replace all at once. I mean 130k on the truck.

The plugs are good, and I looked over all the vaccum lines. Plus I won't think it would be one of those since only happens here and there now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.