Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the NHRA rules...I know you need a cage, SFI dampener, but the require aftermarket axels. I never seen aftermarket axels for a Lightning. Do they make them? What about a locking trans dip stick?

What have I gotten myself into? :shocked003

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Done a ton of events and tracks. The most hardcore I have ever been teched was they measured the wheel studs at a Pinks.

Don't worry about it.

Belts and cage gets your through most.

·
haz bewst
163 Posts
Ive never understood that rule. What does it matter how much more they stick out? Dialmeter, yes. length what does it matter. I dont see how a 3" will be safer than a 2.5" what good is that extra length on the end of the stud matter?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Ive never understood that rule. What does it matter how much more they stick out? Dialmeter, yes. length what does it matter. I dont see how a 3" will be safer than a 2.5" what good is that extra length on the end of the stud matter?
You know the NHRA have to have these funky rules. :smt042

What gets me is you can run an 11.50 all day with your 50 year old lap belt, but run 11.49 and you need a roll bar with a 5 point harness and need to get a new one or re-cert every 2 yrs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The total length does not matter. What does matter is that the threaded portion of the stud extends through the head of the lugnut not just the "quickstart" end. So depending on how long (or tall) the lugnut is will vary how long of a stud is required to pass tech.

--Joe

·
Premium Member
24,783 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
the locking trans dipstick is a quick easy $8 mod off summit/jegs, I'd pick one up and toss it in the glovebox or toolbox. You've got it if they're checking. Show you meet most of the rules and they won't slam you as bad usually. SHow up with nothing and you get what you're asking for.

Also, its 11.49-10.00 for a rollbar, 9.99-under for a rollcage

1 - 11 of 11 Posts