Lightning Rodder banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Your level of concern about my 2 cents about some other cranky L owner that burnt his own bridges with me exceeds my level of caring enough to spend any portion of my day to enjoy racing at the track to talk about frivolous "community" drama lol. Save the Dr. Phil, you've got some grudge match callouts to fulfill! lol
Your level of caring seems to be quite high that you are able to type 90 WPM about it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Not surprised you will be unavailable to have a man to man conversation. :unsure:

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
I think people assume you actively give a shit about others' opinions because you spend a large portion of your time on here explaining why your rig isn't doing what someone else thought it should do.

Your dyno video. It made what 950 hp? That's a fucking lot. But instead of just being happy it made that saying nothing else you spent 2 paragraphs explaining that it did it on 22s, and low boost and blah blah blah.

then you went to the track and only ran 10.7s. Well ya, it's an all-new combo that hasn't seen the track in years. But instead of just saying it went 10s on a test hit you wrote a book explaining it away, street tune, full weight, blah blah.

Those explanations come across as excuses and as if you care what others think. The truck is impressive. No need to try and down play it.

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
Your level of caring seems to be quite high that you are able to type 90 WPM about it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Not surprised you will be unavailable to have a man to man conversation. :unsure:
lol don't feel so special, I type fast regardless of whether it's about frivolous banter or worthwhile content. Just pointing out don't feel so overwhelmed as if a long reply look like I spent gobs of time writing it up. In the time you sneeze I'll have a paragraph rattled off lol. 2 finger hunt & peck typers may read into it too much thinking any considerable amount of time was wasted on it lol.

Let's see what ya got dude....

And I didn't say we couldn't have a conversation, (although my last text I sent you to kick off a conversation about SF a couple weeks ago only got a 1 word reply lol), I'm just saying don't expect any Dr. Phil breakthru's you're just wasting your time lol But I guess it makes ya look like a good guy on here.

I think people assume you actively give a shit about others' opinions because you spend a large portion of your time on here explaining why your rig isn't doing what someone else thought it should do.

Your dyno video. It made what 950 hp? That's a fucking lot. But instead of just being happy it made that saying nothing else you spent 2 paragraphs explaining that it did it on 22s, and low boost and blah blah blah.

then you went to the track and only ran 10.7s. Well ya, it's an all-new combo that hasn't seen the track in years. But instead of just saying it went 10s on a test hit you wrote a book explaining it away, street tune, full weight, blah blah.

Those explanations come across as excuses and as if you care what others think. The truck is impressive. No need to try and down play it.
lol "large portion of my time on here"....the 15 minutes I'll pop in for every 2 months? Or the 2-3 minutes that I'll pop in a day or two later for, then have better things to do for the next couple months?

Ironic how folks read so far into things on here. My posts are too long in regards to frank, I must be all wrapped up around the axle over him, even though it'll be one of a whopping 2 new threads in a week so really not much else going on to even post about lol. Now it's my posts are too long about my own truck, too much detail, it must be justifying against what others thought? Gimme a break dude lol. I've got what, 20k posts on here? Of course I'll post a lot about my truck in detail, regardless of what folks think. Not to mention, I'm an engineer, so I'm always intrigued about the data and the fine details, so I share those fine details about mine. If all I posted was a dyno sheet and no other detail, that leaves quite a bit to question. In all honesty, if I cared about who'd read it, I wouldn't be wasting my time on here with barely any folks left lol. Or if I cared that people would think "oh my only 10's and only 900s? what a failure" I just wouldn't post it at all lol. Clearly when I've posted every gremlin along the way it's shown my build has always been an open book and not about what others think. Most folks would sweep most of those things under the carpet because they wouldn't want folks to know the mistakes and issues along the way, or times they got screwed or had, many times by our very own vendors or members in the community. Heck quite a few of my updates were replies to my own self, just to document the build, in detail, regardless of who has read it. So go pound sand with the ass backwards rationale of a too detailed post on my own build and results lol. Personally it drives me nuts when folks post a slip or a dyno sheet and yet zero details. Always interested to know what boost, what combo, what's left, what was done, what approach, what mods, what's next. But hey guess that level of interest is why I've been around these trucks for 20 years now, my truck has never gone up for sale in any protest of frustration with it or temper tantrums over the "community", and why I'll even reply back to my own self just to document a build thread and results, regardless of if its even read or any replies it may or may not get.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
lol don't feel so special, I type fast regardless of whether it's about frivolous banter or worthwhile content. Just pointing out don't feel so overwhelmed as if a long reply look like I spent gobs of time writing it up. In the time you sneeze I'll have a paragraph rattled off lol. 2 finger hunt & peck typers may read into it too much thinking any considerable amount of time was wasted on it lol.

Let's see what ya got dude....

And I didn't say we couldn't have a conversation, (although my last text I sent you to kick off a conversation about SF a couple weeks ago only got a 1 word reply lol), I'm just saying don't expect any Dr. Phil breakthru's you're just wasting your time lol But I guess it makes ya look like a good guy on here.

lol "large portion of my time on here"....the 15 minutes I'll pop in for every 2 months? Or the 2-3 minutes that I'll pop in a day or two later for, then have better things to do for the next couple months?

Ironic how folks read so far into things on here. My posts are too long in regards to frank, I must be all wrapped up around the axle over him, even though it'll be one of a whopping 2 new threads in a week so really not much else going on to even post about lol. Now it's my posts are too long about my own truck, too much detail, it must be justifying against what others thought? Gimme a break dude lol. I've got what, 20k posts on here? Of course I'll post a lot about my truck in detail, regardless of what folks think. Not to mention, I'm an engineer, so I'm always intrigued about the data and the fine details, so I share those fine details about mine. If all I posted was a dyno sheet and no other detail, that leaves quite a bit to question. In all honesty, if I cared about who'd read it, I wouldn't be wasting my time on here with barely any folks left lol. Or if I cared that people would think "oh my only 10's and only 900s? what a failure" I just wouldn't post it at all lol. Clearly when I've posted every gremlin along the way it's shown my build has always been an open book and not about what others think. Most folks would sweep most of those things under the carpet because they wouldn't want folks to know the mistakes and issues along the way, or times they got screwed or had, many times by our very own vendors or members in the community. Heck quite a few of my updates were replies to my own self, just to document the build, in detail, regardless of who has read it. So go pound sand with the ass backwards rationale of a too detailed post on my own build and results lol. Personally it drives me nuts when folks post a slip or a dyno sheet and yet zero details. Always interested to know what boost, what combo, what's left, what was done, what approach, what mods, what's next. But hey guess that level of interest is why I've been around these trucks for 20 years now, my truck has never gone up for sale in any protest of frustration with it or temper tantrums over the "community", and why I'll even reply back to my own self just to document a build thread and results, regardless of if its even read or any replies it may or may not get.

I'll be honest josh. I stopped reading when you got defensive in the first sentence.

Did I said you spend lots of time here or that a large portion of the time you spend here is spent typing out posts just like the one you typed?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Bunch of p*ssy on here. “We gonna have a chat” Is it Friday yet ?
Lmao

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Lmao
You have your gun permit a week and talking smack already lol No more fighting no more arguing just let your trucks or cars doing the talking. Bad enough we are living in screwed up times. This hobby is our religion we all love it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I’ll be there.
Did you (or anyone else) email Brett to put your name on the list has a crewmember for someone?

The track is not allowing any “spectators” but they are allowing “crewmembers” for each racer. We need to submit a list to the race track for each person coming as a crewmember and who’s crew they are on. This way when you get to the front gate you give them your name and tell them who you are a crewmember for so they will let you pay the $10 and come in.

·
14,630 Posts
I'll be honest josh. I stopped reading when you got defensive in the first sentence.

Did I said you spend lots of time here or that a large portion of the time you spend here is spent typing out posts just like the one you typed?
lol where I got defensive? or where I pointed out how stupid it was to try and jab that my posts about my own truck's results were too detailed, when this is a forum dedicated exactly to that sort of thing lol

PS....not much difference on the time thing with how slow this forum is these days. "large portion of my time I spend here is typing out posts about blah blah blah".....quiz time....if there's THREE new posts on LR in 24 hours, one of them about frank selling, 1 of them about shaking pom pom's for frank's next race, and one about a lightning mods, and I post in all 3....sure the large portion of my time is spent on the frank topic when there's all of THREE posts in a day lol. This ain't the LG FB page with loads of activity now. "Large" portions of time are the <5 mins to catch up on every new post in LR lol wow time consuming!

Lmao
lol you setting up the car show section for the hard parkers?

Did you (or anyone else) email Brett to put your name on the list has a crewmember for someone?

The track is not allowing any “spectators” but they are allowing “crewmembers” for each racer. We need to submit a list to the race track for each person coming as a crewmember and who’s crew they are on. This way when you get to the front gate you give them your name and tell them who you are a crewmember for so they will let you pay the $10 and come in.
Yeah he's on my list. I've got 1 slot left if anyone else needs it.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
lol where I got defensive? or where I pointed out how stupid it was to try and jab that my posts about my own truck's results were too detailed, when this is a forum dedicated exactly to that sort of thing lol

PS....not much difference on the time thing with how slow this forum is these days. "large portion of my time I spend here is typing out posts about blah blah blah".....quiz time....if there's THREE new posts on LR in 24 hours, one of them about frank selling, 1 of them about shaking pom pom's for frank's next race, and one about a lightning mods, and I post in all 3....sure the large portion of my time is spent on the frank topic when there's all of THREE posts in a day lol. This ain't the LG FB page with loads of activity now. "Large" portions of time are the <5 mins to catch up on every new post in LR lol wow time consuming!

lol you setting up the car show section for the hard parkers?

Yeah he's on my list. I've got 1 slot left if anyone else needs it.
Yes defensive. You immediately defended yourself. And there is a difference between detail and excuses. I'll leave it alone now. You do you boo.

·
14,630 Posts
Yes defensive. You immediately defended yourself. And there is a difference between detail and excuses. I'll leave it alone now. You do you boo.
any other reply than "oh okay you're right" you'd call defensive lol

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
any other reply than "oh okay you're right" you'd call defensive lol
Seems to be the outlook on most topics now days. I sure miss free speech.
Does that make me an UF hater or a Josh fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
14,630 Posts
lol.....i heard he made it to the track again, but spun, and of course it wasn't the tracks fault, or shock settings, or tire pressure settings, but the pinon angle for the 9th time lol

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Not to get off subject, did you ever sell or trade your turbo setup?
i actually did this spring. Have put quite a bit of time in my truck getting it back on the road with a s/c. Gonna roll with a ported eaton till I decide between a 2.3 or 2.9 Whipple.

·
Registered
934 Posts
i actually did this spring. Have put quite a bit of time in my truck getting it back on the road with a s/c. Gonna roll with a ported eaton till I decide between a 2.3 or 2.9 Whipple.
Nice man. I was on the 2.3. Great blower. Now on 2.9. The 2.9 has potential with the right combo. But i feel like it heats up a bit more, needs more cooling mods.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Nice man. I was on the 2.3. Great blower. Now on 2.9. The 2.9 has potential with the right combo. But i feel like it heats up a bit more, needs more cooling mods.
My 2.9 makes the same heat as my old 2.3 did.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts