Lightning Rodder banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Nice Lightning but what is sad that UF who was always very vocal on this forum to go completely silent. I guess it's the nature of life and I've seen it before over the decades from the different forums going all the way back to 1999 when I first bought a Lightning.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hate seeing another long timer one go, but dang why so much negativity. I’ve been around these lightning pages since 01 starting with f150online and as it evolved to the Facebook pages(which I don’t like as much as the forum platform). Ive seen this several times over the years with guys in my mind I thought would never get rid of their trucks.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hate seeing another long timer one go, but dang why so much negativity. I’ve been around these lightning pages since 01 starting with f150online and as it evolved to the Facebook pages(which I don’t like as much as the forum platform). Ive seen this several times over the years with guys in my mind I thought would never get rid of their trucks.
Not to get off subject, did you ever sell or trade your turbo setup?

·
Registered
4 Posts
we need guys like uncle frank to keep things up beat and full of energy, nothings more boring other than a day out with a bunch of crying bad kids is being around boring men with there nuts cut off, the young hates the elders nowadays😢

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,203 Posts
UF is keeping the Silver Assassin! 🤩 So all you haters, can keep hating! LOL :eek:
🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🤯🤯🤯🤬🤬🤬🤬😀😀😀😀

·
local painter
3,020 Posts

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Spoke to UF yesterday looks like he’s keeping it. He’s going out in October to try and lower the 2.3 record. His plan he says over the winter is to add a Roll bar so he can hit a few more tracks.

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
Spoke to UF yesterday looks like he’s keeping it. He’s going out in October to try and lower the 2.3 record. His plan he says over the winter is to add a Roll bar so he can hit a few more tracks.
With the let's that thing clicks off he needs more than a roll bar. But I'm sure he knows that

·
Premium Member
5,152 Posts
Frank is a good friend of mine and he has decided to keep the truck yes he’s going to kick some more butt ! I think Josh inspired him to keep it 😎

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
October 30th is Spookfest, be nice to see the fastest 2.3 whipple truck there!
Jamie last time at Cecil Frank was approached by the track to slow it down and they will be keeping a eye out for him. So he’s never went back and I don’t blame him. Price of rental fuel tolls to get there and be told you can’t run

·
Registered
702 Posts
Jamie last time at Cecil Frank was approached by the track to slow it down and they will be keeping a eye out for him. So he’s never went back and I don’t blame him. Price of rental fuel tolls to get there and be told you can’t run
Truth be told (as far as i know) if he was running legal safety specs with roll bar/ cage exc. then he sldnt have a problem. Im not hating on UF but those "rules" are put in place for a reason. If he did it once it wld be a lil different imho. But he keeps/or did keep pushing knowing what his truck cld do. Also in my opinion if you cant "legally" run a time it should NOT count as being the record holder. But again just my .02. I dont have any problem with him. Dont even know him. He seems to be a nice guy. I wish him the best of luck either way.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Truth be told (as far as i know) if he was running legal safety specs with roll bar/ cage exc. then he sldnt have a problem. Im not hating on UF but those "rules" are put in place for a reason. If he did it once it wld be a lil different imho. But he keeps/or did keep pushing knowing what his truck cld do. Also in my opinion if you cant "legally" run a time it should NOT count as being the record holder. But again just my .02. I dont have any problem with him. Dont even know him. He seems to be a nice guy. I wish him the best of luck either way.
you might want to tell Jamie then to start handing out refunds franks not the only L around here running without any bar abc there are plenty of guys deep in 9s with 6 point bar that’s no longer legal either. I could care less bar no bar to me it’s the driver and the tracks decision

·
Registered
702 Posts
you might want to tell Jamie then to start handing out refunds franks not the only L around here running without any bar abc there are plenty of guys deep in 9s with 6 point bar that’s no longer legal either. I could care less bar no bar to me it’s the driver and the tracks decision
I didnt say he was. Im not the person over it nor am i any kind of rule maker for such an event. I simpley stated my opinion on the matter like everone else has. If people dont want to abide by the rules then have at it. I just hope eveone is safe and no one gets hurt.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Lots of us deal with getting told to slow down not just Uncle Frank. It’s part of what you have to deal with if you don’t want to install all the safety stuff. He just has gotten away with not having his chops busted for so long that it’s frustrating for him. I’d rather be told to slow down and hang out with my Lightning buddy’s then sit home but that’s just my $0.02.

·
Administrator
18,403 Posts
I ran numbers way lower than it was legal to do without safety equipment. Years went by and only once was I told to shut it down. That was OK with me. I already ran my 9.93 run that day. I always figured I had at least one run out the back to achieve my goals. So I made sure the launch felt right and stayed in it on a good pass. Loved when tracks displayed 60 time on board rather than reaction time.

Roll bars and street driving are a weird mix. Safe where? I thought bars on the street were way more dangerous than no bar on track.

Jim

41 - 60 of 71 Posts