Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
JDM ENGINEERING
1,888 Posts
I'll get flack for this, but folks know I don't care lol
Josh you couldn't be more wrong about everything and your post shows how much of an asshole you truly are. How is that 4 year long project build Harley truck of yours? Let's talk about that, rather then continually ragging on Frank. He left this forum months ago mostly because of you. Now he is selling his trucks because he doesn't have the time and effort, Atco is closing meaning he has to drive a minimum of 2+ Hrs for a good track. He is also selling the Blue truck (The one he whooped your boy's ass with on Pinks) which I haven't gotten around to posting for him yet.

Frank's Truck has over $70,000 in it easily. Frank bought the truck for over $20K around 2012. He spent over $40,000 with us over the years, $35K was spent at first when he blew the previous engine on the track the first time out with it. Then he brought it to us for a full make over. Rough break down $18K engine, $4K trans, $1K Converter, $3K Fuel system, $3K Exhaust system, $2K suspension + more + add labor with us. You know we aren't cheap! The previous owner probably put over $20-30K in it himself, he had a built motor, and older 2.3L Whipple, and the truck has a ton of show and appearance goodies that the previous owner installed too. I know that sounds like a lot to you and some people but add up what you, Carmelo, John, anyone else put in their trucks over the years. Count your time as labor and I bet its a lot more then what Frank spent. We have Cobra Jet customers that spend 3-4 times that just to be competitive in NHRA and they come to us the same reason Frank does. He hasn't had a hickup since 2013 with this truck, where as you guys have been through a few engines each, different combinations, blower swaps, etc. Just because you are younger, more capable, and have been around longer in this forum, doesn't mean you have to act like a complete prick all the time. That is why most people including Frank, myself, and countless others do not like or can not stand you.

Frank's truck has been pushing the limits and boundary of the Whipple 2.3L for over 5 years. In that time he's set and reset records, made almost 100 passes in the 9's more than all of your camp put together. He's at the limits of the blower, not the engine, and the engine is not tired. Compression and leak down testing earlier this year showed the engine was in great shape. He was ready to go earlier this year and I'm also surprised he decided to sell.

Between Covid, Atco closing, Josh being a complete prick, Frank has really lost interest. He's at a point in his life where owning 5 Lightnings 3 of which that were built and he raced was getting to be too much. He sold his Red truck and White truck last year. He is selling the Silver and Blue, but plans to keep Secretariat. He wants to thank and wish everyone well who commented above besides Josh. Josh Frank still thinks you are a piece of shit, cock sucking, Mother Fucker.

JimIII

·
Registered
36 Posts
Josh you couldn't be more wrong about everything and your post shows how much of an asshole you truly are. How is that 4 year long project build Harley truck of yours? Let's talk about that, rather then continually ragging on Frank. He left this forum months ago mostly because of you. Now he is selling his trucks because he doesn't have the time and effort, Atco is closing meaning he has to drive a minimum of 2+ Hrs for a good track. He is also selling the Blue truck (The one he whooped your boy's ass with on Pinks) which I haven't gotten around to posting for him yet.

Frank's Truck has over $70,000 in it easily. He spent over $40,000 with us. The previous owner probably put over $20-30K in it himself, the truck has a ton of show and appearance goodies. I know that sounds like a lot to you and some people but add up what you, Carmelo, John, anyone else put in their trucks over the years. Count your time as labor and I bet its a lot more then what Frank spent. He hasn't had a hickup since 2013 with this truck, where as you guys have been through a few engines each, different combinations, blower swaps, etc. Just because you are younger, more capable, and have been around longer in this forum, doesn't mean you have to act like a complete prick all the time. That is why most people including Frank, myself, and countless others do not like or can not stand you.

Frank's truck has been pushing the limits and boundary of the Whipple 2.3L for over 5 years. In that time he's set and reset records, made almost 100 passes in the 9's more than all of your camp put together. He's at the limits of the blower, not the engine, and the engine is not tired. Compression and leak down testing earlier this year showed the engine was in great shape.

Between Covid, Atco closing, Josh being a complete prick, Frank has really lost interest. He's at a point in his life where owning 5 Lightnings 3 of which that were built and he raced was getting to be too much. He sold his Red truck and White truck last year. He is selling the Silver and Blue, but plans to keep Secretariat. He wants to thank and wish everyone well who commented above besides Josh. Josh Frank still thinks you are a piece of shit, cock sucking, Mother Fucker.

JimIII
Damn!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Frank's Truck has over $70,000 in it easily. Frank bought the truck for over $20K around 2012. He spent over $40,000 with us over the years, $35K was spent at first when he blew the previous engine on the track the first time out with it. Then he brought it to us for a full make over. Rough break down $18K engine, $4K trans, $1K Converter, $3K Fuel system, $3K Exhaust system, $2K suspension + more + add labor with us. You know we aren't cheap! The previous owner probably put over $20-30K in it himself, he had a built motor, and older 2.3L Whipple, and the truck has a ton of show and appearance goodies that the previous owner installed too. I know that sounds like a lot to you and some people but add up what you, Carmelo, John, anyone else put in their trucks over the years. Count your time as labor and I bet its a lot more then what Frank spent. We have Cobra Jet customers that spend 3-4 times that just to be competitive in NHRA and they come to us the same reason Frank does. He hasn't had a hickup since 2013 with this truck, where as you guys have been through a few engines each, different combinations, blower swaps, etc. Just because you are younger, more capable, and have been around longer in this forum, doesn't mean you have to act like a complete prick all the time. That is why most people including Frank, myself, and countless others do not like or can not stand you.

Frank's truck has been pushing the limits and boundary of the Whipple 2.3L for over 5 years. In that time he's set and reset records, made almost 100 passes in the 9's more than all of your camp put together. He's at the limits of the blower, not the engine, and the engine is not tired. Compression and leak down testing earlier this year showed the engine was in great shape. He was ready to go earlier this year and I'm also surprised he decided to sell.

JimIII
Gonna tell you one time.
keep My name out of ur mouth.
you and frank have issue with josh
Keep it between urself.
I don’t give a F .... how big ur balls got after u got married but keep mention my name we gonna have problems.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hate to say this but there was never gonna be the race with Josh vs Uncle frank. Even if there was 10gs on the line i could never actually see them actually getting together at atco etc for a race. It's like praying for you favorite NFL team to go to the Superbowl when there like 3-13 every year juat aint happening period....

·
JDM ENGINEERING
1,888 Posts
Gonna tell you one time.
keep My name out of ur mouth.
you and frank have issue with josh
Keep it between urself.
I don’t give a F .... how big ur balls got after u got married but keep mention my name we gonna have problems.
I apologize for using you as an example but how quickly Josh forgets and just singles out Frank as the only person in history to spend a lot of money on their vehicle. Everyone who gets in this deep spends a lot of money. For him to attack and shame his truck for all its accomplishments while he’s trying to sell it is very low says a lot about him as a person. Every statement I made was true. Good to see you back though what are you doing with your truck these days?

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,550 Posts

JimIII
my 4 year long project build is great. Haven't turned a wrench on it in 18 months besides an oil change and a pulley swap, but I've got about 400 miles of street driving my 4v around. Sure it took me a while to finish, that happens when I did 99% of it myself, bought a house and moved, got a promotion and travel quite a bit for work, and had a 2nd kid, all during that same 4 year span. Priorities change, such is life. Still loving the truck, and hoping to get it out this fall. Not sure why we need to talk about that in this thread though, but hey you asked.

You sure spent a lot of time flubbing up price estimates to rationalize all that, I honestly don't care, my same points still stand lol. Also like I said before to Frank, my truck had a used 30k mile built motor that was built in '05 that I bought used and put in the truck in '08, and it ran flawlessly like a top from '08 all the way thru '14....7 racing seasons from 10.91 all the way down to 9.89 on a used motor....then yup after 7 years flogging on it without a hiccup I hit a string of various issues. Blower gasket blew out, snapped a driveshaft, hurt a head, just shit that happens after that many years and passes flogging on a combo even though it ran flawless before. Maybe that was sitting in the back of Frank's head too. All that cockyness about 7 years in his truck without a hiccup....tick tock mudda fukkas lol, thats a strong run, I know exactly what that feels like, and I know exactly what can be looming at the end of that great streak. Maybe seeing Marty have a great streak and hurt his also got frank spooked, then he'd really eat crow if omg the truck got hurt after all his chest pounding about it's invincible lol.

Again, I've been around long enough, I see thru the smoke and mirrors that get posted all too often. Oh I don't want to cage it....that's never stopped anyone at atco or cecil before and still doesn't. Oh atco is closing....well they haven't yet lol. Oh he doesn't like me, boy if that's not the absolute dumbest reason to sell lol. Gimme a break

Josh,

If you are so sure Frank's truck is on the edge. He said he has 10K cash right now to race you or your buddy carmelo heads up! Name the track, this week. Put your money where your big mouth is.

JimIII

Yeah yeah ok lol. Sure sounds like a badazz throwing out big bet wagers. Frank doesn't even have the balls to post on LR anymore lol, now he's having others post for him? Gimme a break.

I hate to say this but there was never gonna be the race with Josh vs Uncle frank. Even if there was 10gs on the line i could never actually see them actually getting together at atco etc for a race. It's like praying for you favorite NFL team to go to the Superbowl when there like 3-13 every year juat aint happening period....
Newsflash....there were plenty of races where we were both out there, and for years Frank had his opportunities to line up if he really wanted. We never did side by side, but we ran at tons of events together, and while my truck was still 2v and out there, every time mine was faster. Heck I won 1st place at Frank's own event that he held at atco back in 2014. Those were great times, and everyone was friendly and ball busting was in good fun. Once my truck was down though, frank got pompous about it, and continually ground that axe relentlessly. Very ironic for someone who never once peeped even a word of smack talk when my truck was out there and he had no chance of beating it, he only started to peep up once mine was down. That's pretty petty, and I just had no respect for that. Ball busting and friendly rivalry yes, but silence when I was out there running, then a big ol mouth once I wasn't? That's no balls lol. DudeL, Redrum, Carmelo, and plenty others called me out and we ran many times over those years. some I won, some they won, it was all fun. Then when I was down for a while, they were just waiting for me to get back out. Frank was the opposite, never said a word when I was, then started pounding the keyboard once I wasn't. I've seen plenty of those folks come and go over the years, this is no different.

I will say even when I'm back out there, and if Frank shows up, he can go pound sand. I know he'd love nothing other than to line up, and I'm not giving the satisfaction. Anyone else wants to, I'd be more than willing for the fun of it. I don't care if it's Paul Albino's 7 second Gen 2, or someone with a 10-11 sec truck that thinks they'll get a win over me not dialed in yet, I'll line up with anyone for the fun....except the bitter pompous azzes that had nothing good to say while I've been down with the better-than-thou attitude lol.

I apologize for using you as an example but how quickly Josh forgets and just singles out Frank as the only person in history to spend a lot of money on their vehicle. Everyone who gets in this deep spends a lot of money. For him to attack and shame his truck for all its accomplishments while he’s trying to sell it is very low says a lot about him as a person. Every statement I made was true. Good to see you back though what are you doing with your truck these days?
Lol reading comprehension is never a strong suit for most folks on forums....did I say Frank was the only person to spend a lot on their truck? Nope. I said how ironic he always touted how he stayed 2.3 to show guys with low budget inexpensive builds they can go fast and set records too.....well that's not quite an accurate statement when it's a 70k build now is it? Also how he always gloated he never had any issues with the truck ever....so that 70k must not have been from any repairs or rebuilds if it never once had an issue, so again, that's a hefty priced build for 1 time cost lol.

Also I never shamed his truck or his accomplishments. I've said many many times, it's super impressive, I love to see records no matter who the builder or tuner or owner, however I"m not going to continually sound blown away by it any time it's mentioned. Lots of folks have impressive records. Credit given when credit is due, but after that, gotta up the bar if you want continued praise every time, and Frank talked like he would every time, but again his keyboard was writing checks his truck couldn't cash.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Josh even if you got your truck tuned and ready it would never happen. Even if there was a high stakes amount of money more then 10gs it still wouldn't happen. And you wouldn't race him just for satisfaction of it?? IDK wouldn't it be better just to race and get the smack talk over with finally after all this year's??? Idk man sounds like you don't want it to end at some point...

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,550 Posts
Josh even if you got your truck tuned and ready it would never happen. Even if there was a high stakes amount of money more then 10gs it still wouldn't happen. And you wouldn't race him just for satisfaction of it?? IDK wouldn't it be better just to race and get the smack talk over with finally after all this year's??? Idk man sounds like you don't want it to end at some point...
What would that race even prove? A dialed in 2v vs. a 4v with zero passes on it in 4 years in a brand new combo, and you know he's too impatient to wait for it to get dialed in because he'll spout off about "you don't need shakedown runs, it should be perfect pass 1, blah blah blah"....yet it took him YEARS to get his combo dialed in as his truck used to be stuck in the 10's for a while. Now he'll claim no dialing in or shakedown is necessary yet He's the guy that will go to Atco 2 to 3 days in a row before an event at Cecil, not tell anyone about it (but word still travels), then brag he could go 1st pass off the trailer at cecil on full tilt kill mode.....well no chit when you just spent the prior 2 days at the track making passes, where the guys he's giving flack to for making a test hit before going all out haven't made a pass in weeks/months and just making sure things are still up to snuff. Again, I've seen the games, it's nothing new.

Anyway, that race would prove absolutely nothing, it'd just give the cranky old man what he wants, which money usually gets him that, and money ain't buying that race and he's not used to not getting his way. If he won, big surprise, a dialed in 2v with "hundreds" (lol) of passes vs. a truck with zero passes in 4 years....I'd say the dialed in truck should win, as I've never claimed I'm going balls out 1st time down, or even 2nd or 3rd. I built the truck for me to enjoy how I see fit. I'll run guys for the fun of it, that are fun to race with. All Frank wants is bragging rights of his truck beat my big bad 4v. I can give 2 shits who's faster or slower than me. I can say when it's dialed in and ready to run to it's potential again, a 9.5 sec 2v is the least of my concerns. I had my days of itching to line up with fast 2v trucks when I was also 2v, and I did that with many of them. Then the L world started flizzling out even more, and I went down the 4v path to do my own thing. But still between now and getting it fully dialed in, I'm sure folks like DudeL going mid 9's, or other guys even going high 9's or 10's will line up with me as I dial mine in, and whoop my azz as I get there, and I'll enjoy every bit of it, as that's part of the hobby. Frank can go f himself though on lining up, simply because he had plenty of opportunities in the 2v days and never uttered a peep, and I know that's about the only thing he'd want next to eclipsing his aging 2.3 record lol, and I guess you're never too old to learn you don't always get what you want!

As for racing him for the satisfaction? I have no satisfaction out of that. I already had that cake and ate it too, when my truck was a 2v iron block with a 2.6 KB and a heavier HD, and whooped Frank's E/Ts at the same track on the same day with his 2v aluminum block 2.3 whipple in his much lighter L. 2013 & 2014 was a great year for that, Frank and I ran at the JLP spring shootout and I took 1st place, fastest 2v L/HD on the property with a 9.89. Then again, Frank and I ran at Frank's Race and I took 1st place with a 9.88 (even beating out not only frank and his 2.3 aluminum block truck, but also Jim himself and a 3.4 aluminum block truck....highlight of the day was Jim coming over and asking about my aluminum block and I laughed and said haha no that's just silver paint on the block, go scratch it off or stick a magnet to it, it's an iron block LOL), and then again at the JLP Cecil shootout that next year. I came out on top with fastest E/T of the day yet again with Frank and I both running same track same day. While we never lined up side by side, mostly because I didn't care who I lined up with when the events were fastest slip of the day, not eliminations, Frank and I ran at a ton of events together. Frank was also silent then never uttering a peep when he couldn't beat my times, 2v to 2v, iron block to aluminum block, heavier HD to lighter L. Only once my truck got hurt and went down for wrenching and I started missing races, Frank finally caught up with my E/T's and went faster, then he opened his mouth. I gave credit when it was due, and all Frank did was talk shit about a truck he was never faster than when we were both out, and only faster than once I was out of the events. That's pretty cowardly IMO.

As for sounds like I don't want it to end? No skin off my back whether it does or not lol. I'm not stomping my feet with hissy fits like frank of "ban me Jim, LR isn't cheerleading for me anymore", or "I'm selling my truck because joe blow doesn't like me so it's no fun" lol. I've been on the forums 20 years now, I'll be on them for another 20 if they don't go fully extinct before that lol. I've seen versions of members with similar attitudes and mindsets as Frank come and go over the years. He wasn't the first, he won't be the last, and doesn't bother me one bit, as one clown departs in a fit because they burned all their bridges, another one will drive right into Lightning town and it'll be dejavu all over again. Maybe not another cash cow customer for JDM lol, but guarantee, there will be others that pop up with their kiss the ring mentality and only tout their records as the ones that matter and everyone else doesn't mean diddly squat and post like they're shaking up the L world as if it hasn't been done before lol.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Josh you and I have known each other for many years. We have gone toe to toe with each other here, raced each other at the track, even helped one another out when the time came. But I will be very blunt about your reply post. Regardless of what is reality vs what is your personal view on how things went down over the years and your predictions for the future when UF truck sells, the context of the post is uncalled for and disrespectful. You sound like a child who's anger has been built up for years and is now seeing a therapist to vent about it!! UF put his truck up for sale outside this forum and has done nothing here to warrant a response such as yours. 90% of your reply is negative, over analytical and cowardly. Would you stare UF in the eye in person and say what you said here? I am never really surprised by your replies but this one is over the top bro.

No doubt you and I are going to have a little talk at SF next month!!

·
Administrator
18,403 Posts
I am sad to see Frank leave the Lightning racing world. Happy he will keep Secretariat so is still a Lightning owner. It also is disappointing to hear people post negative stuff that accomplishes nothing well after the events mentioned. And to hurt the sale of a vehicle that that a LOT of us have seen in person and know how it is cared for? Come on...

I regret that my more active time in the hobby was not at the same time as Uncle Frank. I held the MP boost only record for many years before he broke it. (I still have the fastest MP or any 1.8 liter blower truck record to this day). I was first to put a Whipple 2.3 truck into the nines. My record had been surpassed by Leach when Frank broke it and kept on going! It would have been fun to actually have competed head to head with both records as we could have pushed each other even further. Although I am not actively racing my truck at the moment I do try to keep up with developments. I will be back at some point.

I don't know what is next for Frank. I do wish him the best. I am glad he came into our world. I am glad to know him and call him a friend.

Jim

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
There are a few things I've learned from being a member and Lightning owner since pretty much the beginning and they are that people do come and go, trucks come and go, personalities come and go and there are very few of us that stay around long enough to see all of this.

Also people get rid of their trucks for their own reasons, who are we to judge? We all have accomplishments and failures with these vehicles, owners and vendors/tuners alike, again who are we to judge?

How you conduct yourself as an owner/member or vendor/tuner speaks volumes. Sure some people are alot tougher online then they are in person and say shit they would not say to your face, those people are easy to weed out but we all have opinions and you are free to voice your opinion here and in this country.

Frank, I know your reading this and responding thru your proxy so please take any negativity with a grain of salt. I appreciate your ownership of these trucks and your willingness to modify them and race them, its a small part of what keeps this ever shrinking Lightning community alive and kicking. Someone will get a nice truck and hopefully take up your mantle.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

[email protected]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Based on the Ebay link it sold anyone on here buy it?

21 - 40 of 71 Posts