Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
18,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have news that I hate to bring. Uncle Frank has requested to be taken off the members list here on Lightningrodder. After a few phone conversations I have to honor his request with regret. But he feels strongly that he can't be himself on here any longer with the reactions to some of his threads/posts.

I know Frank personally. Many of us here in the Northeast do. He is hard to miss. Full of energy. So passionate about the hobby. A good man who is very generous. Willing to share info and encouragement to all. Someone who shared many great threads, posts and vids on here over the last 8 years. His presence will be missed. Good thing I am close enough to go see him at the track to fill the void.

Met Frank in 2012 at Cecil. He had just bought Secretariat, his MP topped black Lightning. It was a truck I was very familiar with. It was built by JDM at the same time mine was and equipped near identical as mine was then. Frank and I started a friendship that day that continues thru this. I am blessed to have met him that day.

I wanted all to know that Frank has requested this banishment. I tried to talk him out of it, but can not win that argument. I did want all to know that neither I, Rob nor AG/Lightningrodder have any issues with Frank and his account "Uncle Frank's Racing". If Frank changes his mind I have left a back door back in...

Jim

·
NO SPONSORS
5,687 Posts
Sad! I tried to talk him out of it also. Hopefully one day he will be back. Luckily I too live close enough to visit him!

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
been away for a few weeks, guess I'll have some reading to catch up on what drama I missed.

I will say though, sounds like another stunt for attention. Folks can just step away and not post. You don't have to ask to get banned to not post anymore. Sounds like someone just wants some more attention, and their time slips aren't bringing them new attention lately, so they're finding new ways to create a buzz about themselves on the forums lol. Gimme a break.

·
14,528 Posts
well I caught up on the forums, and my initial hunch was right. Saw like 6 or 7 new threads from Frank, posting old vids from the track, and most had zero replies, or maybe 1 reply. Then the eaton thread that turned into 2 decade flashback vendor wars, where the center of attention was not Frank, but JJ vs JDM. And if the chatter isn't about Frank, or his threads don't get replied to, waaaaah need to spool some drama, "hey CT ban me so people all post up and talk about me again".

Too easy to tell when it's just for attention vs. actually done with it.

If someone wants to grab attention, they're going to try to get banned, or ask to get banned, and do exactly what this post is spooling up. If someone wants to just walk away from it all, they'd do just that, log off and walk away.

Won't surprise me at all to see this undone, or posted under a new screen name once the hissy fit is over with.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Josh please add an emoji between every two words on your next post going forward. Hell I've been on this forum a long time, mainly reading but couldn't even bring myself to click on those posts because every other word was a picture. God those must have taken hours to write!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Josh please add an emoji between every two words on your next post going forward. Hell I've been on this forum a long time, mainly reading but couldn't even bring myself to click on those posts because every other word was a picture. God those must have taken hours to write!
Lol I agree.

Always hated reading those posts... The ones I did read after I got tired of all the pics lol!

·
14,528 Posts
lol, look who came out of the woodwork....nopi dude?!

·
Premium Member
5,123 Posts
Another loss to the community! We are dwindling down to nothing, even worse this year we went to Bradenton to race and we only had 12 trucks

·
Premium Member
5,123 Posts
18 to 22 trucks usually ..... next race is Atlanta and I’m thinking 8 Lightnings show up , by the way out of the 12 that showed up in Bradenton only 9 were Lightnings

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I have news that I hate to bring. Uncle Frank has requested to be taken off the members list here on Lightningrodder. After a few phone conversations I have to honor his request with regret. But he feels strongly that he can't be himself on here any longer with the reactions to some of his threads/posts.

I know Frank personally. Many of us here in the Northeast do. He is hard to miss. Full of energy. So passionate about the hobby. A good man who is very generous. Willing to share info and encouragement to all. Someone who shared many great threads, posts and vids on here over the last 8 years. His presence will be missed. Good thing I am close enough to go see him at the track to fill the void.

Met Frank in 2012 at Cecil. He had just bought Secretariat, his MP topped black Lightning. It was a truck I was very familiar with. It was built by JDM at the same time mine was and equipped near identical as mine was then. Frank and I started a friendship that day that continues thru this. I am blessed to have met him that day.

I wanted all to know that Frank has requested this banishment. I tried to talk him out of it, but can not win that argument. I did want all to know that neither I, Rob nor AG/Lightningrodder have any issues with Frank and his account "Uncle Frank's Racing". If Frank changes his mind I have left a back door back in...

Jim

Jim
Sad! I tried to talk him out of it also. Hopefully one day he will be back. Luckily I too live close enough to visit him!
I Hate to see anyone go we have lost a lot of members thru the years, I had no issues with Uncle Frank he helped a lot of people ???How many more members can we afford to lose

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,606 Posts
I hardly get on here anymore, but wanted to pipe in. I met Frank at MIR NMRA one year. Nicest guy you could ever meet. I will say that his posts seem completely different than the person I met. For the longest time, I thought maybe someone else was writing his posts....lol

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts
I hardly get on here anymore, but wanted to pipe in. I met Frank at MIR NMRA one year. Nicest guy you could ever meet. I will say that his posts seem completely different than the person I met. For the longest time, I thought maybe someone else was writing his posts....lol
Like a lot of people, when on the webs, they are an internet commando! LMAO!!

·
(THE ORIGINAL) SMOKINTRUCK#1
260 Posts
Been on here 15 years met a couple guys Ct top gun , Mike the old man a couple guys from Mass. and a few from NY but never met Frank I’ve seen his posts and just took them in stride as informative . Some people get their panties in a bunch over stupid remarks but Eeh were here to have fun and exchange info to help each other .

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts
For the most part, I avoided Frank's posts because of his style in "writing" them. All the smilies made it really odd to try and read. But yeah, I hate to see him go. We need to be adding members here, not losing them. I do my part, sending guys over at NLOC pms telling them to come here when they have questions, since they rarely if ever get answered over there. Every once in a while, one actually makes it over here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts