Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
?? Going to Cecil on Black Friday to support my buddy ??John Dude??In the hopes of seeing him lower the 2.6 KB record in which he already owns ? lets all wish him luck in crushing his 9.710 to a new record of 9.610? come on out to Cecil this Friday and witness John Dude Breaking records? See you all on Friday ?

·
local painter
2,887 Posts
God speed Dude ??

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Man you are cutting a full tenth off my record. That's a tall order but time will tell?? Air will be slightly better than when I ran the 9.71 but we have a little wind tomorrow that may push the frig down the track.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Yes Uncle Frank said it would go low 9.6 and he was right. It went 9.69 with a terrible 60 ft (1.398) but guys were spinning and sliding all over the track early so I had to play it safe and get a clean launch. I knew the air would get me down the track so I launched at 2k but rolled into it a bit. 2nd pass my #1 coil pack popped off and the truck started breaking up after 1/2 track so I got out of it at the 1,000 ft mark and coasted to a 9.75. The last and final pass for the season I had to go for it and put the pedal through the floor board to a 1.338 60ft.

Big thanks to Uncle Frank for coming out to watch and support the day!!!! I ended this year the same as last year with a record breaking pass last outing, last pass!!!;)?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Dam the baby 2.6 has caught up to the lite weight 2.3 lol
I had a dream the other night that this was gonna happen how weird.
congrats dude way to keep achieving ur goals.

1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My man Carmelo ❤ Yes my buddy ?Dudes 2.6 KB is running Phenomenal? I have Much respect for KB blowers ,and as most know including Dude I was never a fan of E85 when it comes to our Lightning’s, but between ?DUDE ?and Marty? I may have to change my opinion ? you on the other hand keep on dreaming, because the next time you see the ?silver assassin she maybe a heavy weight ?And going 9.0s and may touch the 8s?? that’s when your dreams will become nightmares ? lets see how we do against all the heavy hitters out there in ??2020??When the playing field is even ? Hopefully we will hold our own? PS I’m getting ready for some new ?UF ? T-shirts* if you or any of your Buddies want one ? please let me know and I’ll put one on the side for you.?Sweet Dreams ? Dream on.

1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My main man ?Marty ? E85 will never happen ☺ But my silver assassin will be at the track on opening day, and trying of course doing what she does best,? breaking records ☺☺☺☺ But the truth is it’s getting boring racing against the clock ⏱ but that’s how it’s been, now going on (5 ) years ?????
Hopefully you had a great thanksgiving ❤??❤

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
Been MIA for a while,but can't miss this thread to give big props to DudeL for lowering the 2.6 KB record once again! And on an IRON block no less!!! Just imagine if he had an aluminum block and decided to drop the whole exhaust past the headers to boot! 175-200 lbs weight loss and another 1.5 or so tenths!? Whipplewhat?! lol

Can't wait to see what 2020 has in store!

·
JDM ENGINEERING
1,885 Posts
Been MIA for a while,but can't miss this thread to give big props to DudeL for lowering the 2.6 KB record once again! And on an IRON block no less!!! Just imagine if he had an aluminum block and decided to drop the whole exhaust past the headers to boot! 175-200 lbs weight loss and another 1.5 or so tenths!? Whipplewhat?! lol

Can't wait to see what 2020 has in store!
Aluminum block -110 lbs
Exhaust 55lbs

~165lbs at most difference....about 1 tenth max at this ET/speed. Even you know these aerodynamically challenged trucks need 150+lbs drop per tenth ET reduction.

The Little 2.3L is still smaller than the 2.6 toaster over.

Not taking anything away from my man dude but trying to clean up your loose statements about "what it could have been" If your Uncle had a pair Tits he would be your Aunt...

That being the case Dudes 9.5 means that the Massive 3.2 and 3.6 blowers are only capable of running 1-2 tenths faster than a 2.6. Or that the 3.4L or 2.9L isn't any better than a 2.3L. The combination on everyone's trucks are different and you have to show up and perform to set a record, regardless of conditions, blowers, weight, engine blocks, tuners, or anything else.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts