Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
worlds fastest MP lightning
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't take the advice from Big Brian and in doing so, this is what happened yesterday coming back from Atco, only 5 mins from my shop* up until this I only tie down the front, well as you can see I made a big mistake* But got lucky only some small damage to the bumper but took out the heat exchanger*JDM* will over night one on Monday, big Brian will do the job on Tue, so I can still can take her to spookfest* I know I don't have to tell anyone to tie down front and rear because I know I had to be the only dummy that didn't* Hope to see you guys at spookfest.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
did it not do any damage to the underside of the truck? (transmission,transmission pan,etc) Did it crack the front bumper or just mess up the paint?

·
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me it wasn't easy, I called my good friend Mike from thrust performance came out with a crew and his tow truck, took some time but got it up and on the flat bed and took it to my shop, where she's sleeping and waiting for her new heat exchanger, this is what I did after she ran her heart out at Atco. I will baby her at spookfest ?????

·
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did it not do any damage to the underside of the truck? (transmission,transmission pan,etc) Did it crack the front bumper or just mess up the paint?
I got lucky just some little damage to the bumper but that's okay i got a great body shop that i go to, I will take her next week to get fixed, he is a master of what he does, but nothing else was touched, transmission, oil pan was not touched.

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
Glad it was minimal damage, mostly to the ego I'm sure. Hope you get it back up and running soon

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,993 Posts
did the straps break or just slip off

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
did the straps break or just slip off
Probably had it strapped to prevent it from rolling backwards, and relied on the transmission to keep it from rolling forward.

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,279 Posts
5 L's and only 2 straps! Hope this is a lesson learned....

Glad nobody got hurt, just ur pride....

·
NO SPONSORS
5,690 Posts
Damn UF! Hate to see that, but glad nothing else happened. See you Friday my friend

·
Rebel from across the water
52 Posts
At least its all fixable mate.
Use some of those rubber wheel chocks as well.
They help prevent forward movement and strap that baby down like its was dyno pull.
:)

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,064 Posts
Damn Frank, that's some scary stuff right there....
Can I make a suggestion, Weld a bar across the front of the trailer.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I can't believe anyone would only use two straps; I'd think it would be one of those common sense things. Thankfully the situation wasn't worse.

·
Registered
597 Posts
We all make mistakes Uncle Frank...no one was hurt and plastic and tin can always be repaired.On that note...what did she run?...lol

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts

YIKES THAT SUCKS :shocked003
Sorry to see and hear Frank, oh well it aint like you dont have a spare Lightning or 4 :p

·
Cogswell Cogs
3,391 Posts
Damn Frank, that's some scary stuff right there....
Can I make a suggestion, Weld a bar across the front of the trailer.

Damn Frank, I imagine that was a heart stopper....

A bar across the front is a good idea. I'd go even further and create wheel chock type stops.

Crawling under the rear is a PITA for tie down points so, maybe go with over the wheel straps to secure the rear.
Something like this:
http://pitstopusa.com/i-10379387-macs-spreader-bar-wheel-net-set-of-2.html

·
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
We all make mistakes Uncle Frank...no one was hurt and plastic and tin can always be repaired.On that note...what did she run?...lol
Thank you for the kind words, because I'm very hard on myself and still pissed ,but she did run her personal best, I messed up 2 of the 4 runs, but was very happy with her 60 foots,
Weather around 71% and 12 MPH head wind.1st pass forgot to put the pump on for the cold box, she ran 10.203 @ 131.37 with 1.40 60ft//2nd run 10.150 @131.82 with a 1.39 60ft / 3rd run LEFT IN OVERDRIVE, SHIFTED AT THE 1,000 FT but still ran 10.170 @130.72 with 1.40 60 FT and the last pass was 10.201 @131.61 with 1.39 60 FT. She beat her personal best of 10.18 at uncle Franks rental on April 13th( BUT MATCHED HER 60 FOOT.) *I was very happy about that* And thank you for your interest. *JDM BUILT AND TUNED* she has a 2.3 wippple ( but she is a toned down wippple truck ) she has an aluminum motor, with low lift cams,and stock compression,she is *ONLY *making 664 hp with 776 ft lbs tQ 18% of timing and 23.53 lbs boost. With me she is 4460 lbs. My goal is to get her in the 9s, I will be trying to do it at SPOOKFEST. Again thank you for your kind words.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts