Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apten-ported Eaton is on the way, along with a 6lb pulley. A Zex kit is sitting next to my bed waiting to be installed, along with a FTVB.

You smell that? That's the smell of a man with a blown engine in his future. [smilie=fingersx.gif] [smilie=uhoh2.gif]

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WOO HOO CAN YOU SAY 11's
CONGRATS Duende

I run that set up too Bro, your really going to like it :D
Fast as hell off juice, and Lightning quick on it.
As long as you dont over push it, and get a SAFE RICH TUNE,
you'll be fine. (well as fine as you can be @ 500/600 on a stock block)
:shock:

I'm going out of State Sunday to make some passes,
AND THIS TIME I'M GOING TO TRY 100HP JETS :smt026

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sounds like Santa came early :D

Perfect time of the year for your swap. With the cool fall weather you should get great results right off the bat.

Thats a lot of changes to make at one time. I think the only prob you will have is how to wipe that smile from off your face.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Rob_02Lightning said:
WOO HOO CAN YOU SAY 11's
CONGRATS Duende

I run that set up too Bro, your really going to like it :D
Fast as hell off juice, and Lightning quick on it.
As long as you dont over push it, and get a SAFE RICH TUNE,
you'll be fine. (well as fine as you can be @ 500/600 on a stock block)
:shock:

I'm going out of State Sunday to make some passes,
AND THIS TIME I'M GOING TO TRY 100HP JETS :smt026
I'm with you Rob. I think 99.9% of the blown motors are tune-related. Either too lean or too much timing. I keep mine "fat and sassy" and am currently running 20 lbs with a KB and stock block on 91 octane.

Jody

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I agree Jody, AND GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE, WOO HOO.... WELCOME BRO
:smt039

I've seen those KB's on stock blocks, WOW they kick ass [smilie=3gears.gif]
GREAT TO HAVE ONE HERE, ENJOY THE PLACE, IT'S YOURS :smt040

Update:
No Racing Sunday :( Found out Island is 500ft above Sea Level and it's going to be 80 Degrees and pure Sun,
there is NO WAY we could have ran our best Numbers in that, so why drive 400 mi's round trip to be pissed off.
Within the next few DEF though.............

·
Registered
14 Posts
You guys may think that but your on the razor's edge and if you make a few more passes and keep that setup with a stock block you will experience a failure. The tune is a big part of it but the stress on the internals is greater then you think. They already have them pushing a tremendous amount of HP from the factory and by adding another 200 or so it will create a problem. A fat tune is a wise move but you may want to start a savings account for the vented block thats in your future. My $.02

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bruce Budney said:
You guys may think that but your on the razor's edge and if you make a few more passes and keep that setup with a stock block you will experience a failure. The tune is a big part of it but the stress on the internals is greater then you think. They already have them pushing a tremendous amount of HP from the factory and by adding another 200 or so it will create a problem. A fat tune is a wise move but you may want to start a savings account for the vented block thats in your future. My $.02
I have been running at least 16 psi for a year or so. I think Rob has been doing it a lot longer. There are several guys who have been doing it for a long time.

I don't "drive it like you stole it". I do go wide open throttle but not every time I drive the truck. I am doing a built motor and did the mods knowing I would be upgrading. I just firmly believe that the parts can handle a lot more power than people think. The broken rods are tuning issues most all the time, or rpm related. I do not turn over 5400 rpm and I do my own tuning so there's nobody else to blame if/when it goes. I also drive mine a lot. In the last 17 months I've owned the truck I've put over 26K miles on it. Still ticking (as he knocks on wood!).

Jody

1 - 7 of 7 Posts