Lightning Rodder banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
worlds fastest MP lightning
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I told him don’t even bother with you homos! There’s just crying and cheating! But rest assured he’s coming fo dat butt!
[/QUOTE
well well my man Chris Garrett so nice to see you posting, I told Eric to try and see if you can make Spookfest this time around.I know you guys are very busy but if would be nice * hopefully you can make it
anyway glad to see you posting * Please stay safe ***

·
Administrator
18,752 Posts
The 2.3 Whipple competition is hot and heavy between Eric and Frank. And very exciting! But for all the newer members it is way faster now but way fewer trucks in competition. A decade ago there were maybe 8-10 Whipple 2.3 trucks competing for the title. I set my sights on the record when my truck was equipped to challenge the time. Mine was imagined as a boost/spray combo. But a walk back in time shows it was quite capable on boost. Even handicapped by my own weight and the Gen1 blower design.

Project "Open A Can" was a commitment to going fast with my then newer GT40 JDM motor combo. 10:1 compression. Lots of weight reduction. Truck was driven from CT to Cecil MD it's first outing. 4 passes with traction issues. Ran 10.31 that day. Went to JDM to take some teeth off the timing curve low and "right off the no trailer" ran the first 9 sec boost only Whipple2.3l powered Lightning pass. Ran a second pass and same result to the thousandth! Was asked to put the truck away after that for no bar.

Since then Fred(Leach) eclipsed my mark. Then Uncle Frank pushed it real deep. That took real dedication and a love of the sport and these trucks. I am trying to regain the passion I once had. This challenge to run the record holder next year may be the ticket.

Jim

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
The 2.3 Whipple competition is hot and heavy between Eric and Frank. And very exciting! But for all the newer members it is way faster now but way fewer trucks in competition. A decade ago there were maybe 8-10 Whipple 2.3 trucks competing for the title. I set my sights on the record when my truck was equipped to challenge the time. Mine was imagined as a boost/spray combo. But a walk back in time shows it was quite capable on boost. Even handicapped by my own weight and the Gen1 blower design.

Project "Open A Can" was a commitment to going fast with my then newer GT40 JDM motor combo. 11:1 compression. Lots of weight reduction. Truck was driven from CT to Cecil MD it's first outing. 4 passes with traction issues. Ran 10.31 that day. Went to JDM to take some teeth off the timing curve low and "right off the no trailer" ran the first 9 sec boost only Whipple2.3l powered Lightning pass. Ran a second pass and same result to the thousandth! Was asked to put the truck away after that for no bar.

Since then Fred(Leach) eclipsed my mark. Then Uncle Frank pushed it real deep. That took real dedication and a love of the sport and these trucks. I am trying to regain the passion I once had. This challenge to run the record holder next year may be the ticket.

Jim
Hi big Jim (TopGun) I can tell you right now the silver assassin won’t go 9s (right off no trailer) lol your 9 second pass (right off no trailer) should be a record * especially from CT to Atco that’s gotta be almost 200 miles one way I didn’t realize that * And you do have a point about (passion) because I think thats what motivated me

Not only that but what I needed was someone and something to Chase after* And that someone was you and Fred Leach* But to tell you the truth i really didn’t set out to set any records of any kind, I just wanted to run as fast as you guys, I wanted to be in your league sort of speak* it just happened at first, Now I’m all in*LOL*

And to think maybe some day I could be at the tree racing with the guy that when I first saw you at JLP on 5/12/12 with a gentleman named Steve with a Dark shadow gray lightning told me if you want to know anything about your lightning that I just got 8 weeks earlier Ask that guy standing over by the fence and that guy was you

i never forgot that day, you were the one that told me who JDM was ,I had no clue who JDM was*
I always had passion for anything i loved to do , but the motivation is what made it happen,and that motivation Was you* I picked your brain many times*

So if that day ever comes to pass I’ll be like a kid in a candy store*

I know what you forgot I’ll never learn, but I could tell you i did Learn how to (60) Ft our beautiful lightning trucks*
so if I could help you in that department please let me know *

((((((((((IN CLOSING LET ME TELL YOU What I think about THE 2.3 WHIPPLE blower*))))))))))

#1) when whipple was in the process of making the 2.9 blower, whipple wanted to give me the 2.9 blower Free of charge
to use on my silver assassin as a demo* ((((((( I TURNED IT DOWN))))))

#2) when my silver assassin was recently at JDM for my new setup I turned down the 5.8 big bore motor by no other Then the master himself (JDM SR) he still thinks I’m crazy for doing so *(LOL)

I believe bigger is not always better, I believe a perfect combination is what you need ,I believe I have that combination*

I also think consistency is what you need to be successful in racing our beautiful lightning trucks
I have not changed my driving habits and my Suspension in eight years

((((A matter of fact Big Jim had told me about my Consistency and how it helps *

I do everything the same way the first time every time I don’t even think of what I’m going to do as I’m coming out of the water box and staging, when you do the same thing over and over and over again you don’t have to think about it,
it becomes just another day at the office *

some my disagree with my theory ,but my (((truckS))) has proven this to be true*

I apologize for the Bible of a post*

·
Administrator
18,752 Posts
The first boost nine second pass was at Atco NJ. Read the linked thread for a lot of details. And a reminder how active the forum used to be.

As far as "bible of a post"? More to read is a good thing!

Jim

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
The first boost nine second pass was at Atco NJ. Read the linked thread for a lot of details. And a reminder how active the forum used to be.

As far as "bible of a post"? More to read is a good thing!

Jim
Oh yes, it was Atco you have to forgive me my eye’s are not what they used to be* lol* But that’s still over 200 miles one way * as for my long post I don’t want to make my posts boring and not interesting*

and yes it was very active but hopefully guys like Eric korn and John Dude can put some spark back in LR
not to mention if you get back in the game *

hopefully some new members as well as old ones come back into the lightning world *

·
Registered
19 Posts
My man Big Jim (TOPGUN) Jim i Made myself a promise that if I come back onto LR I will not talk about any of my accomplishments my trucks has achieved , i will let my truck do my talking *(at the track )

Jim I came back on LR to try and put some Enthusiasm and some kind of excitement back into LR* all I hear is LR is dead and everyone went on FB* I don’t believe that,I still believe there is still plenty of Lightning enthusiast on LR but don’t want to be apart of any BS* So my goal is to make LR what it was designed for, and that is to race and or enjoy theses beautiful lightning trucks, And to share what I have Learned about these beautiful trucks to anyone who wants to know, as I always said i Only know two things about our trucks,#1) how to take good care of them,#2) how to get them to (60) Ft that’s all I know, anything else you will have to ask (JDM)

Now that being said Jim you know you are a dear friend and I have the upmost respect for you* you are one of the first guys I met in the lightning community at JLP back on 5/12/12****

But if you bring your truck to the next Spookfest (READY TO RACE ) the silver assassin & me I will pay your entry fee of $170.00
buy you lunch, give you a dozen roses for your mom.and your two nieces and another UF t-shirt*

Jim it would be a dream come true to line up with you and to see if you can back up all of what have been saying for the past decade LOL

you must have A lot of confidence in your Lightning to use that word , you have not raced or been at the tree in a decade then to line up with the silver assassin & Me*(((and not be nervous seeing me lol)) I KNOW I WOULD be nervous racing me * LOL I admire your confidence ,I would love to see you try and back up what you have been saying for a decade now *next Spookfest will be (11) years, ((that’s more than a decade))) thats when the talking stops and you will have to do what I have been doing for the past Decade is ( RACE) * The silver assassin and I will try our best to make you eat that word at the finish line * Right off the trailer and I mean right off the trailer * LOL
That’s if you show up, I doubt it ???LOL

not to mention i will be (80) at the next Spookfest * racing you will be a great birthday present *

SUPERIOR***** is the word you used to describe the Comparison to the silver assassin * SUPERIOR!!! From a truck being on jacks for a decade* SUPERIOR !!! you Cannot be serious
just remember that word when you are at the tree with your ((superior lightning)) next Spookfest * because you can bet all the tea in China that we will be thinking of it as the tree is coming down LOL

I will bet all the olives in italy you won’t show

PS* if I can help anyone please let me know,I have no secrets with my truck and my truck isn’t the magic bullet,all Lightnings Will (60) ft with the Right suspension and tune* and driving technique*

I want to take this opportunity to apologize to all who had private messaged me in the past and I never answered,
because I never saw them now that my daughter showed me how to get my Messages* I WILL answer any questions you may have Again I do apologize

Thank you for taking the time to read this post***
LOL uncle frank is a gentleman , but a killer assassin at the same time, Jim I would love the chance to see you back up what you been saying for the last decade :D😁

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
LOL uncle frank is a gentleman , but a killer assassin at the same time, Jim I would love the chance to see you back up what you been saying for the last decade :D😁
Lol my friend it’s people like you that make LR a nice place to be*LOL* Thank you for your kind words but I’m just busting Big Jim’s chops* lol* we definitely have something in common, we both have JDM built Lightnings*

I can tell you this what Big Jim has Forgotten I’ll never learn he definitely knows our lightning trucks and for me to one day get a chance to line up with him would be something very special to me*

Even though he has not raced in a decade he’s only a phone call away for any information one might need*

can my silver assassin out run his truck??I would like to think so, but his knowledge surpasses mine tremendously

that being said I only rely on two things competing with anyone*

#1) getting my truck out as best I can
#2) having the confidence in my truck to get to the finish line first* lol*

But i would think with Big Jim’s experience it would be a very good race*
hopefully I would have the opportunity to line up with one of the first guy’s I meet in the lightning world
and one of the most respected man in the lightning community*

thank you for your interest and input In this post *
Believe it or not * LR needs more guys like you *
Again Thank you*

41 - 48 of 48 Posts