Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
18,752 Posts
Maybe some forgot. Maybe some don't know...

I was quickest with a MP on boost before I put truck away. I still am quickest and fastest with a MP or any 1.8 l blower for well over a decade(no matter what Frank's avatar says...)
And it would have gone faster in each variant as truck is currently 400#s lighter than it was when running the MP. It was just time to evolve the combo.

I was first with a Whipple into the nines on boost. This even with a Gen1 version of the blower I bought on closeout of the Ford Racing version from JDM. I may need to be the first into the eights to win this race, but I don't recommend betting against it. This kind of doubt was talked about in the music scene...

Jim

·
worlds fastest MP lightning
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Maybe some forgot. Maybe some don't know...

I was quickest with a MP on boost before I put truck away. I still am quickest and fastest with a MP or any 1.8 l blower for well over a decade(no matter what Frank's avatar says...)
And it would have gone faster in each variant as truck is currently 400#s lighter than it was when running the MP. It was just time to evolve the combo.

I was first with a Whipple into the nines on boost. This even with a Gen1 version of the blower I bought on closeout of the Ford Racing version from JDM. I may need to be the first into the eights to win this race, but I don't recommend betting against it. This kind of doubt was talked about in the music scene...

Jim
My man Big Jim (TOPGUN) Jim i Made myself a promise that if I come back onto LR I will not talk about any of my accomplishments my trucks has achieved , i will let my truck do my talking *(at the track )

Jim I came back on LR to try and put some Enthusiasm and some kind of excitement back into LR* all I hear is LR is dead and everyone went on FB* I don’t believe that,I still believe there is still plenty of Lightning enthusiast on LR but don’t want to be apart of any BS* So my goal is to make LR what it was designed for, and that is to race and or enjoy theses beautiful lightning trucks, And to share what I have Learned about these beautiful trucks to anyone who wants to know, as I always said i Only know two things about our trucks,#1) how to take good care of them,#2) how to get them to (60) Ft that’s all I know, anything else you will have to ask (JDM)

Now that being said Jim you know you are a dear friend and I have the upmost respect for you* you are one of the first guys I met in the lightning community at JLP back on 5/12/12****

But if you bring your truck to the next Spookfest (READY TO RACE ) the silver assassin & me I will pay your entry fee of $170.00
buy you lunch, give you a dozen roses for your mom.and your two nieces and another UF t-shirt*

Jim it would be a dream come true to line up with you and to see if you can back up all of what have been saying for the past decade LOL

you must have A lot of confidence in your Lightning to use that word , you have not raced or been at the tree in a decade then to line up with the silver assassin & Me*(((and not be nervous seeing me lol)) I KNOW I WOULD be nervous racing me * LOL I admire your confidence ,I would love to see you try and back up what you have been saying for a decade now *next Spookfest will be (11) years, ((that’s more than a decade))) thats when the talking stops and you will have to do what I have been doing for the past Decade is ( RACE) * The silver assassin and I will try our best to make you eat that word at the finish line * Right off the trailer and I mean right off the trailer * LOL
That’s if you show up, I doubt it ???LOL

not to mention i will be (80) at the next Spookfest * racing you will be a great birthday present *

SUPERIOR***** is the word you used to describe the Comparison to the silver assassin * SUPERIOR!!! From a truck being on jacks for a decade* SUPERIOR !!! you Cannot be serious
just remember that word when you are at the tree with your ((superior lightning)) next Spookfest * because you can bet all the tea in China that we will be thinking of it as the tree is coming down LOL

I will bet all the olives in italy you won’t show

PS* if I can help anyone please let me know,I have no secrets with my truck and my truck isn’t the magic bullet,all Lightnings Will (60) ft with the Right suspension and tune* and driving technique*

I want to take this opportunity to apologize to all who had private messaged me in the past and I never answered,
because I never saw them now that my daughter showed me how to get my Messages* I WILL answer any questions you may have Again I do apologize

Thank you for taking the time to read this post***

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
UF vs Jim at Spookfest 23 ! I will do my best to make that happen on my end as long as you two show up.
My man Brett * do you want me to pay you now* lol *now the Pressure is on * Big Jim *i would do anything to help you in getting your superior lightning Ready for next Spookfest * what ever you need just let me know *
Because you got me excited and curious To see the #s your truck will Run* and Spookfest is the event to show your stuff * I’m assuming it will (60)ft GREAT, your top end should be insane , your MPH got to be unreal*
Jim now you have to shit or get off the pot,as they say* so lets lock this in with Brett* NOW!! Jim this is what you been waiting for ,talk about epic, if your truck out runs the silver assassin , the word (TOPGUN) will have a different meaning
you will be on top of the world* ((AGAIN)) Just don’t get nervous when you see the silver assassin at the tree LOL*

PS This is what LR should be about ,racing our beautiful lightning trucks, and it’s not just about being the fastest We all want to win and go fast, but it’s More than that, it’s about enjoying these trucks whether you race them or not* perfect example although Big Jim (TOPGUN) truck is not race ready at least he post what he wants to do and make a come back and that’s why LR is fun, not to mention information that may come in handy whether you’re racing these trucks or not* would it be nice to see Big Jim back racing again , And the answer is YES*
would it nice to race him definitely * thats What makes LR /LR* hopefully we will have a nice turnout at Spookfest *
Thank you *

·
Administrator
18,752 Posts
Don't rid Italy of all it's olives. Leave some for them as I can't eat them all before they spoil. And I hate to waste food!

I will just call you whenever I am running low and you can send some more.

I think I will have a meeting about chassis work either this Wednesday since we have a day off practice, or Saturday the 24th as we have no match that day. Big projects do get delayed, but I will try to keep the plan for Spookfest '23. I won't hear talk of "right off the trailer". That is grudge speak. We have no grudge. Just want to race. And do so as safely as possible. I WILL test the combo before putting our lives at risk.

Jim

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Don't rid Italy of all it's olives. Leave some for them as I can't eat them all before they spoil. And I hate to waste food!

I will just call you whenever I am running low and you can send some more.

I think I will have a meeting about chassis work either this Wednesday since we have a day off practice, or Saturday the 24th as we have no match that day. Big projects do get delayed, but I will try to keep the plan for Spookfest '23. I won't hear talk of "right off the trailer". That is grudge speak. We have no grudge. Just want to race. And do so as safely as possible. I WILL test the combo before putting our lives at risk.

Jim
Haha my man Big Jim (TOPGUN) I didn’t mean any disrespect about off the trailer lol * the truth of the matter is I have always raced like that, because I don’t want to waist a pass , wasting time for the 40 minute cool down, drain the ice tank re-icing the ice tank etc. etc. so that’s why I always go all out off the trailer it sounds good right off the trailer * Lol but that’s what I do lol so it’s definitely not a grudge move**

I still have some things to do in order to get ready for spookfest , have to still put my cowl hood back on, get my new slicks mounted, and get back to JDM for the full tune, then to the track to make sure my (60) FT is on track (No pun intended)* then we should be ready for spookfest so you see I’ll be running a new combo at Spookfest tor the first time. i guess I will know it’s full potential on my first pass racing (Eric korn)* and then Dudes* true blue*

* I’m glad Nobody is going to have money on my truck this time around lol*
looking forward in seeing you at Spookfest *

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Bingo, I want to win that money back from Dude! or lose some more. lol
Bingo, I want to win that money back from Dude! or lose some more. lol
My man Marty we need more guy’s like you on LR you are the best * Lol* you have your pick, because I’m racing both of them lol* this is your chance to get you money back from Dude haha*

But I’ll let you in on a little secret please don’t tell Dude,,when we line up at Spookfest he’s going to lift just before the strip to give me the win, but please don’t tell anyone * lol*

((((he’s such a good friend))));

So you can safely bet on the silver assassin * and get your money back LOL*it’s a lock***

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Man this some awesome stuff lol cant wait to see the outcome
My friend this one of the nicest post,this is what LR should be about * looking forward to see some side by side racing * nothing more exciting then to see two Lightnings going down the track *
* Thank you for your interest *

21 - 40 of 48 Posts