Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

local painter
UF going for a new PB?
He should easily eclipse his own record with the weight reduction mods.

Reactions: jeffrey1

Administrator
He鈥檚 going in hot lol as long as track prep is good with the weight reduction he did should help lower his ET.
Other than the crossmember, what else has been done for weight reduction since his record run?

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Other than the crossmember, what else has been done for weight reduction since his record run?

Jim
AC compressor and I think everything behind the dash. He still has the front bumper support and double din tv radio

local painter
AC compressor and I think everything behind the dash. He still has the front bumper support and double din tv radio

Did he also do a rollpan and lighter hood ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
UF texted me this morning I guess him and Jamie V where going back and forth and i guess with some convincing Jamie won lol. Franks bringing the silver truck out. He also is looking for some action against some heavy hitter bigger blower trucks

Administrator
I am so happy to be able to see him out there. I may get in his ear and try to do a bit of convincing too...

Jim

Registered
I didn鈥檛 have to convince UF at all. Just reminded him that it鈥檚 all about the camaraderie not just making passes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I didn鈥檛 have to convince UF at all. Just reminded him that it鈥檚 all about the camaraderie not just making passes.
Did I hit a nerve lol You talk like the rental is free he was coming regardless with Dude but know payed and coming with his truck from Staten Island NY

Registered
Did I hit a nerve lol You talk like the rental is free he was coming regardless with Dude but know payed and coming with his truck from Staten Island NY
Didn鈥檛 hit a nerve at all, just saying he didn鈥檛 have to be convinced.

UF use to bring multiple trucks to Cecil for years so it鈥檚 no big deal for him to bring one. We have guys coming from TX so Long Island is a hop skip and a jump compared to there. Anyone who knows UF knows the $200 cost is never the factor if he is coming or not. I paid $200 the last 2 years to race a 14-15 second stock Gen 1. We鈥檝e been doing Spookfest for well over 10 years and it鈥檚 always a good time.

Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
double din TV radio....but no door speakers LOL

He's got the opposite going on of my truck.....I've got door speakers (4 doors worth lol), but no head unit haha. Flew out on a 60' launch years ago, scared the crap out of me, and yet to ever replace it, gotten so used to staring at the dumb hole in the dash haha.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
No Broken records today the weather in NJ was terrible drizzle and fog all morning instead of starting at 10am started at Noon hot and humid as hell for October in NJ. Any way off the trailer 9.71 9.67 9.72 and back on the trailer not a bad day for the conditions.

Attachments

Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
well I wouldn't necessarily say 67 degrees is sweltering sweat dripping weather for noon lol, but the humidity was definitely railed today and a 900 ft d/a which is high for atco this time of year. 9.6's is still pretty sweet (even for a 3500 lb tin can lol). How'd everyone else make out? Run the vette Jeff?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts