Lightning Rodder banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
JDM ENGINEERING
1,893 Posts
Jr, post up some pictures...
Sorry Marty I meant to reply to you in my last post, Frank's truck left before I could I get any pictures for you. We didn't change anything about his setup. We just added some reinforcements around the brackets and replaced his u-bolts. We also replaced his rubber traction bar bushings with delrin ones we made in house. The Pinion angle was adjusted to the same angle of the motor which was -2.6*

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,900 Posts
Is there any pic of the bent stuff on Frank's truck and certified what are you using for traction bars (brand) I have horrible search skilz and couldn't fond the pic that you posted in the pasy

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,299 Posts
I use Stifflers traction bars..
I had the traction bar brackets welded to the axle tubes. The pinion angle was also calculated prior to welding..
The U-bolts are 5/8" thick. Picture shows 1/2" U-bolts.
You can see the ARB in the top left corner of the picture.
Also reduced the lay back on the shocks... More effective.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I use Stifflers traction bars..
I had the traction bar brackets welded to the axle tubes. The pinion angle was also calculated prior to welding..
The U-bolts are 5/8" thick. Picture shows 1/2" U-bolts.
You can see the ARB in the top left corner of the picture.
Also reduced the lay back on the shocks... More effective. That’s a nice clean strong setup

View attachment 541601
View attachment 541602

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,900 Posts
Thanks Marty that is a quality setup that is what I am hoping to do but still with stock rear just mimic the traction bar mounts welded on. and already have heim joints on my shocks. When you have a chance could you send a link to more of your ARB pics for the mounting and where you bought it. Or did you fab it yourself

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
754 Posts
Certified Drunk, did you cut out the spare tire brace in favor of the ARB? Just wondering if it saves much weight.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,299 Posts
The ARB was made by a local person..., is mounted in front of the axle.
The X support is still on my truck.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
The traction bar brackets and hardware were bent, what did you miss asshat. I think Frank's record speaks for itself even though you chose not to recognize his accomplishments. How is that turd EXT. Cab truck doing?
I apologize I don't "Kiss the ring" every time it's mentioned he's a record holder, just as many of us are record holders of other records and don't expect the constant knob slobbering. I gave kudo's when it occurred, it doesn't need to happen in every post, yet for some reason its brought back up for what??? lol

My "extended cab truck" is doing great, how's Frank's "regular cab truck"? (is there something about calling our trucks what they are badged that I'm missing? lol or was that a feeble attempt at a stab that it's not an almighty lightning f150, and instead it's a harley f150? lol ooooh the agony! Nah, it stings more when my "extended cab f150" spanks up on those "regular cab f150s" lol)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts