Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what the average is on drag strip times with guys with 4# lowers and boltons

We have a buddy that went 12.6 @ 110, i have a hard time thinking that is average. . . it was 40 degrees outside when he ran that time. SVTPhil is always comparing his truck to his, but I don't think that is anywhere near what most 4# guys run:potstirring. Lets hear it.

Thanks

Mike

·
BLACK SUNSHINE
2,787 Posts
Just curious what the average is on drag strip times with guys with 4# lowers and boltons

We have a buddy that went 12.6 @ 110, i have a hard time thinking that is average. . . it was 40 degrees outside when he ran that time. SVTPhil is always comparing his truck to his, but I don't think that is anywhere near what most 4# guys run:potstirring. Lets hear it.

Thanks

Mike

40 degrees and running at the track with a 4# lower is nutz with the stock rods....

either he has some huge ballz or his bottom end is built!

Times will very with traction mods, tires, track prep, track condition, DA, elevation, temp., tune, fuel, and the list can go on and on......

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
my fastest time in my truck is on stock pullies.... 12.87 on slicks 67* out and dry
my fastest time since my 6lber is only 13.0xx on street tires high 80-low 90s and humid as hell.

the air will def play a huge factor in some power loss and gain..... if he got some good cool dense air, it was dry, and the Barometric pressure was nice and high. he just hit the perfect recipe for making power on any set-up.

if he hooked on top of this he had a killer 4lber run right there.... hell of a time on a 4lber for sure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my fastest time in my truck is on stock pullies.... 12.87 on slicks 67* out and dry
my fastest time since my 6lber is only 13.0xx on street tires high 80-low 90s and humid as hell.

the air will def play a huge factor in some power loss and gain..... if he got some good cool dense air, it was dry, and the Barometric pressure was nice and high. he just hit the perfect recipe for making power on any set-up.

if he hooked on top of this he had a killer 4lber run right there.... hell of a time on a 4lber for sure.
That's what I said. . . im def gonna make Phil read this thread once it gets big lol

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
There are so many variables, there is no definitive answer.

High 12s is the expected norm. Mid 12s with the 6lber, low 12s with the 8 and 11s with the 10,

With that being said it varies greatly and any of those setups can run slower or faster.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
ummm...

more comes into play.

guys at higher elevation will never see the same times as someone close to sea level.

Tempature & humidity play a critical key factor in the equation as well

[smilie=dr[/QUOTE]

lucky for the guys up north in NJ, PA, NY, etc..compared to us southern guys that cant get a break

·
Administrator
18,754 Posts
lucky for the guys up north in NJ, PA, NY, etc..compared to us southern guys that cant get a break
You probably get more good air days in Florida thru the Winter than we get here in NJ. We do get a few real good days each Spring and especially the Fall. But not as many as you may think, or we would like. Got to be ready to hit the track when the weater is right for record runs.

Jim

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.