·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I've been debating over that electronic exhaust cutout over an yr now,
for guys like me that want to keep stock exhaust I think it's a great Idea,
and alternative (providing it works well and has no leaks when closed)

As for the IC Chiller,
I would think this would be A GREAT MOD,
for our Brothers in the warm climate areas. I got to believe for someone living in Cali, Florida, Etc,
(that drives in heat constantly and prob w the AC on anyway)....
this would greatly improve available power on the street.

At the track I don't think so though ???
Having to run the Truck to allow the cooling to take place, would prob not
out weight the gains of shutting the truck off and letting it cool between rounds.
But I guess if you can cool it each time you have to start it, even on the staging lanes, wouldn't hurt either.

If you’re in warm weather climate, I'd say it's worth a try.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm wanting to keep my exhaust stock as well, Rob...that's why I was interested in that.

Still up in the air about the Icee Chiller. I'm in Hawaii right now, but am heading back to the mainland in about a month... Not sure which state yet, though. Choices, choices.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Something to consider

I have been thinking of doing a battery re-locate to the bed and put in a cooler in it's place. Saw a guy at a local dyno session a while back had a metal box welded togather and insulated and put a heater core out of a ford ranger inside. He would run Dry Ice in it and have it run threw the Antifrezze before going to the engine. He got some good numbers with it. So something to consider is that IC Chiller.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I'm going to give the QTEC a shot and order it on the 1st. Any advice as to which package would fit the truck? The website has about 30 freakin' options, and I'm not sure of sizing of our stock systems, and a couple other things.

Thanks for any help. Should have audio files of it soon after installation, so about a month from now.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WOW, there are A LOT of choices,
Dam I'm interested in finding this answer AND RESULTS OUT.

Would it be cheating if we asked some of our Bro's on another Forum
and found out :cool:

Na, there's no rules on the internet............ Go ahead Bro ask, hehehehe....

:smt033

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.