Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hi everyone,

This is my first post, on this fourm. I have 1993 Lighting with a full Bassani exhaust, fmos mass air conversion, and a Jacobs ignition system. I am very pleased with these upgrades. I was thinking about purchasing a Tweecer unit so as to gain more performance, and to help with future upgrades. I would like some feed back from those of you that have used a Tweecer on first generation Lighting's.

Thanks Tim Zogelmann

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Welcome Tim

Leeann is the Moderator of this Section, a DIE HARD Lightning owner,
a LONG TERM Gen 1 owner, AND also GEN 2 owner

She may be able to answer your question ?
Either way, check out the place and enjoy........

WELCOME, HAVE FUN,
AND PLEASE TELL SOME FRIENDS

Main Site Here
http://www.lightningrodder.com/

Gallery Here
http://www.lightningrodder.com/gallery

Forums are Here
http://www.lightningrodder.com/comp...ge=index&sid=5e7a5e228a6d0a16bc48cb957e727340

Video’s / Sound Files Here
http://www.lightningrodder.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=26

G

·
Welcome to the site Tim. :smt039
I personally don't have a tweecer so I can't really give you an opinion on how it works, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.
Which one are you getting? The Tweecer or Tweecer RT?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tweecer

:)

I most likley will go ahead and get the Tweecer R/T. It would be nice to be able to data log.
I have heard that a dyno and wide band are also needed to be able to really fine tune with the Tweecer. I will do some searching before I purchase the Tweecer.
Thanks for the reply though.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Have you considered a stand alone like a fast system? Awesome setup saw a couple of them installed on a few friends stangs and a buddy of mine that has a Turbo'd Buick GN is getting one as well.

Total engine management control!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use SCT software with mine and can tell it is an excellent tuning tool for the FMS MA kit. This software is nearly twice the price , but you will have complete control over everything withing the PCM, including the tranny. It comes with definitions for nearly all of the parameters so you're not tuning in the dark. It also comes with a base tune for your combo so you have somewhere to start.
If all you plan to do is a few bolt-ons then the Tweecer will work fine. If you have plans for a blower, turbo, and/or nitrous then SCT software will work very well.
Stand alone systems are great, but one of the draw backs is the fact that the transmissions on the rigs are electronic, so you'll need a stand alone trans controller as well. Not that it's a bad way to go, just more expensive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tweecer

I sent a e-mail to SCT to ask them if they have a system for first generation Lightings. I awaiting a reply from them.
I am still in the investigating mode, so all thoughts on any engine managment system will be appreciated. Thanks for your feed back.

Tim :smt024

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just got my TwEECer about 3-4 weeks ago, but I am using it on my 94 Cobra right now....it ran like crap after the head and cam swap I did about 2months ago.
The TwEECer is an excellent tuning tool.  :D

Sorry I cant be more help with it as far as tuning a Gen 1.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D

Sounds like you are happy with the tweecer KB-Zilla. Installation of the hardware involved with the tweecer will not be a problem with me. It will most likley will be with the software needed to make it all work.
Did you have any issues with either the hardware or software installation with the tweecer unit.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Z-man said:
:D

Sounds like you are happy with the tweecer KB-Zilla. Installation of the hardware involved with the tweecer will not be a problem with me. It will most likley will be with the software needed to make it all work.
  Did you have any issues with either the hardware or software installation with the tweecer unit.
The only problem I am having is a "add on" called the "EEC Analyzer" , It is just a registation code problem....so once it we get it registered I should be good to go.....just one of those fluke things.

I plan on getting another TwEECer for my Gen 1 in probably 6-8 months. It has been a valuable asset in tuning my Cobra, I am sure it will be a welcome addition to the Lightning. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
  Cool, let me know how the install goes on the lighting. What is the registration for ?

Tim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That sounds logical, I guess you would not expect them to want some one making money off of them. Thanks for the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts