Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Lightning with Street Scene mirrors on it. I would like to put factory mirrors back on it with the turn signals in them. I went to late model restoration to order some and they say the mirrors they sell don't fit a 2000, just 01 and up. Can I only find mirrors from a 1999 and 2000 Lightning? Any help is appreciated.

·
Aka 2003_lightning
12,190 Posts
What color r they. If red I'm interested in a trade

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I don't see why they wouldn't fit. I put some newer style mirrors on my truck and fit just fine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see why they wouldn't fit. I put some newer style mirrors on my truck and fit just fine.[/QUOT

I don't know... I was hoping someone could give me an answer. I'd hate to pay $240 for a set of new mirrors and not be able to use them.

·
Professional Lackey
428 Posts
I bet they will fit. I’m thinking the difference may be that the 2000 may have different wiring from your truck.

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,976 Posts
I was told the difference was 99 and 00 didn't have turn signals in them from factory

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,788 Posts
I recently took the truck mirrors off my 07 Mustang, for some classic sport car look mirrors. My Ranger has Street Scene mirrors on it. Thinking I want to do the same to my lightning, I don't care at all about the silly signals in the mirrors.

·
10 second street truck
11,823 Posts
Fit and work are 2 different questions
Will they bolt up, yes. Do the 99-00 have the wiring? No idea.

·
Member Senior
191 Posts
I know part of the fitment issues are due to the fact that they changed the window trim at some point and the mirror base is different to fit the trim profile. I don't know what the exact time for the change is. I learned about it when I bought a window trim piece at the yard from a 98 and it would not fit on my 03.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
I have signal mirrors on my 2K. Bought the mirrors only from Ford and installed them in my existing frames. The wiring is there for signal mirrors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts