Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
TURBO!
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up your dyno graphs.... I want to see the differences.

I'll start:Turbo T76
This is my 12lb boost graph on a mustang dyno.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Everyone knows the Turbo is going to put down more HP but thats not the only thing to consider

imo to have a Turbo out perform a Supercharger in something like a Lightning you have to have a very Hi Stall and a Big Turbo (or twins).
On a set up like that the only place I see it outshining the SC is on the 1320 when spooled/launced properly. So unless it's basically a Race Only truck I truly see no advantage because it will not have the INSTANT response like a SC on the Street (or the drivability with that big ass stall).

Now if I was building a track only truck then I would agree the Turbo is the move, but on the street I do not see it as an advantage at all, actually I see it as the opposite. Of course thats just my opinion and we're all entitled to one....

·
TURBO!
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everyone knows the Turbo is going to put down more HP but thats not the only thing to consider

imo to have a Turbo out perform a Supercharger in something like a Lightning you have to have a very Hi Stall and a Big Turbo (or twins).
On a set up like that the only place I see it outshining the SC is on the 1320 when spooled/launced properly. So unless it's basically a Race Only truck I truly see no advantage because it will not have the INSTANT response like a SC on the Street (or the drivability with that big ass stall).

Now if I was building a track only truck then I would agree the Turbo is the move, but on the street I do not see it as an advantage at all, actually I see it as the opposite. Of course thats just my opinion and we're all entitled to one....
not looking to see who's wee wee is bigger. I want to see the powerband comparison. Where tq and hp are in the rpm band.

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
here is mine. JDM said we should have turned the truck little harder(more rpms) on the dyno. Jim said i probably left 20-30hp/trq on the table. i plan to go back and put it on the rollers towards end of the year in cool weather on erics dyno day.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
not looking to see who's wee wee is bigger.
Thank God because if I cut off an inch I'd have a 2" hole :laughing25:laughing25:laughing25

I dont have any handy for the 00 at 780 RWHP but I found a few old ones from the 02 & 99 L

02 L with Mag

99L with KB 2.6 (early street tune for 93 octane)

Super Cobra 2.8 vs 2.8H Dyno @ high RPM/MPH

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My 90 octane Alaska winter tune vs. my conservative C-16 tune. I plan to add both boost and timing on my next C-16 Dyno runs.

·
Likes the corn brew
5,338 Posts
This thread reminds me of 2 things I hate on dynographs...

MPH on the x-axis? makes it impossible to compare things, great job assholes

Set the scale on the y-axis to something reasonable. TQ from -800 to 1000? of course the curve is going to look flat if you put it like that......

unfortunately I think the only dyno graphs I have from mine are when it was mostly stock.. let me look

4lb lower, chip, catback, nitroused :D

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts

Totally correct on that answer!! :bigtu

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Heres an old one. Dyno was having a fit picking up RPM of the coil lead and wouldnt read RPM or TQ, that was at Rollins in Gainseville. Fuel was running out up top too which was verified at another dyno at HP, now Hurricane, I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Matt, amazing how close our dyno's are with the 2.6. What upper and lower you using and which head/cam, intake and exhaust combo ?

Patriot stage 3 port job (heads torn down and all new guides/parts before installing them though). Mild "stage 2" cams about 218 @ .050 duration & about .550 lift (makes 15" of vacuum at 680 RPM). Intake consists of a ported lower and full JLP Powerflow system including his SBTB. Exhaust is a set of OBX L/T's and custom 3" system.

On that pull I was running 17* of timing and 9"/3" pulleys, because I didn't have a long enough belt to put my 10" lower on.:smt089

Also I was really heat soaked from doing a street tune on the dyno then the C-16 tune without any cool down time and only one fan on the motor all day.

What is your setup?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
2.6, full JLP big bore intake (SBTB), comp R exhaust (No cats), Regular PI stage ll heads/cams, full fuel system, C16, 18 deg timing, 3.5 upper and 10lb lower (Whatever dia. that is ?).

Got the XR heads now and I have some dialing in to do. Dynoed it with 15 deg timing. Switching to a 3.25 upper to gain some boost back and will eventually turn the timing up to 20 deg if truck likes the the small incriments of timing I give it during testing and datalogging. Got to get over that 700 HP mark this fall

1 - 20 of 24 Posts