Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I am getting my new motor tuned and finding little issues along the way. I went yesterday and had the truck tuned but a few people say my numbers look low. So here's what I have. 9.6:1 Diamond forged pistons 0.005 over, Scat forged rods, stock crank, Trick flow twisted wedge track heat heads, and Comp cams 273 in 277 exh .545 lift, also have a C&L upper intake and cold air tube, and LFP 90 mm throttle body. I had a 4# metco pulley on for the first couple runs then put a 8# pulley on. Am I making decent power. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Boost looks low. What pulley was on there for the dyno sheet shown?

What Supercharger?

90 mm MAF not Throttle Body.

Who is tuning it?

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
The 4# gave you about 2# of boost over stock but with better flowing heads that makes sense. The 8# really did not give you many more boost. Not sure what is going on there.

What supercharger? Stock Eaton? Stock upper?

As a point of reference, my son's stock motor with a ported eaton, 6# lower, long tubes made 444/495 @16# boost and 13* timing.

Who is your tuner?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
May want to make sure your bypass valve is operating correctly. Mine looked fine when I checked it at idle and when I re ex it but when I got on it I was about 5-6lbs low. I changed the actuator and everything was good.

·
"01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
So what are we doing wrong? Shouldn't I be making more power?
Not sure why but I think your numbers should be higher. I have only a few bolt ons (jba headers, bullet exh, 4# lower, ported eaton, sbtb, and a tune, no motor work that I know of and my numbers are higher in torque?

Attachments

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
I would agree those numbers look low, at least the torque does, at least to me. I made 331RWHP/411RWTQ with a stock block, stock eaton with a 4# lower turning big and heavy 38x15.50R20 Toyo MTs in a 4X4 supercrew which also had to turn a transfer case.

Wayne

·
Registered
529 Posts
I really don't think you can compare different dyno's on different days.

I can post you my dyno sheet that shows 426hp. Low or high?

Yet I run 12.2 in the quarter and this is in my piggy weight HD.

Dyno's are useful for exactly what you did, i.e. making A-B runs.

Otherwise, go to the track.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts