Lightning Rodder banner

Tuning a blower and cam speed density

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  dsblk93gt 
#1 ·
Hey guys well friend of mine just installed a cam on his gen1 that has a powerdyne now he's having idleling problem comp cam he installed ? Can you tune speed density or how would you make the truck run right thanks guys

#2 ·
Yep you can tune S/D. Tell him to ge a TwEECer or a Moates Quarterhorse. The Q/H is a lot more user firendly. Im using the TwEECer and havent had any problems out of it.
Is he running an FMU? If so, tell him to ditch that crap and get the tune going, get some bigger injectors, a two pump trick, and get it running reeeeaaallll good. The FMU will work, but IMO getting a good tune going with the aforementioned upgrades would be worth it. Course, the blower he's running isnt good for a whole bunch of boost.

#7 ·
Nope don't think he will be able to tune it with out going to mass air. He should have looked on the net and he wouldn't have wasted the money on a cam that wont work. With SD you need to stay at 114* LS on the cam.

#8 ·
Ah, I was thinking he got a speed density friendly cam. Mines a custom grind cam motion so mines pretty specific for the truck/blower that Ive got. Tell him to send it back and get something else. I have a buddy that put a E303 (i think) cam in a stock 96 f150 351W (non L) with mass air and he cant get that thing to idle for crap. he wont buy a programmer though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.