Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd throw a quick note here about the show. Its at Smith & Wesson in Springfield, right off I-291... 5 minutes from the Mass Pike Exit. The show is on rain or shine, no rain date. Weather is supposed to be cloudy/overcast with a chance of showers late. Bunch of us New England types are going, and maybe we'll hit Hooters afterwards... its about 10 minutes down the road in West Springfield.

OK, I have a teaser link to the YouTube Video of the "cruise" to the Shriner's Kid's Hospital where you can make as much noise as you want! The cruise starts about 3PM IIRC.

Now if you look carefully, you'll see some of LightningRodder's own New England Trucks in the parade at 2:07 into the video. And guess who is leading that group? None other than Jeff in 207! You'll also see my Black Bitch, Bob from New Haven's SCREW Harley, and Paul's Total Induction 10-second Turbo Lightning. This year we'll probably have double that, maybe ten trucks.

Guys... that shot above is real... a Ford police intercepter cruiser with a Kenne Bell blown 32v setup! Jeff and I just stood there and our mouths dropped LOL. Remember this one Jeff? Too freaking weird!

This isn't a bad show and its fun for kids because they have about 100 police cruisers, SWAT vehicles, State Police Helicopter, wreckers, race simulators, and tons of bikes, hot rods, trucks, ricers, and muscle cars. A good year... they will get 400-500 show vehicles. I will update this thread with pix when available, but the show is going back to the newly paved (I think) Smith & Wesson parking lot and grounds. Last year the grounds were being repaved and upgraded so the show was held at Sarat Ford in Agawam, my local SVT/Shelby/Saleen/Rousch Dealership... who is also a principle sponsor of the show.

Mike (praying for some decent weather)

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... its one of the few times you'll see open exhaust NASCAR modifieds, hot rods, and just about anything on the street, some of them trying to sneak in a few burnouts on the route which is a couple of miles each way. They get too crazy and the cops will give them a ticket or at least pull them over. Kind of funny though... how do you give a guy driving a sprint car a ticket? No plates, no registration, LOL. Probably disturbing the peace, but hundreds of people line the route begging for anyone to rev it up and do a burnout. Hilarious.

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon_ford

·
Get In The FastLane
269 Posts
Who's Lightning in the video at 2:09 in front of the orange camaro... that truck is sick!

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul Albino's truck... Owner of Total Induction Tuning Solutions [mr12volt here] from South Windsor, CT, one of our Lightning Rodder supporting vendors. Its bagged, built, and turbo, runs 10.60 with no weight reduction at all other than hitch IIRC.

OK... for those of you coming from either the East (Boston/Worcester) or the South (Hartford/New Haven), this could not be any easier. We'll meet at the Friendly's on the left side at the first traffic light (see picture below) situated on Page Boulevard. Lets plan on meeting at 10:00 AM and head over to the show about 15 minutes later so we can park together. Smith & Wesson's entrance is less than a mile from Friendly's. Don't know if the S&M store is open, but this weekend is tax free in Massachusetts, so if its open and you're itching to buy something... no tax, no shipping.

From Boston/Worcester: Take the Mass Pike I-90 to Exit 6, make a left at the end of the ramp, and go to the Page Boulevard/Rt20 exit 5, make a Left at the end of the ramp and Friendly's will be on your left at the upcoming light.

From Hartford/New Haven: Take I-91 North to Springfield, stay right as you go through downtown, take Exit 8 to I-291, and then exit at Page Boulevard/Rt20 (exit 5A) stay left at light into Friendly's parking lot.

If you guys want to, we can hit Hooters over in West Springfield... its about 5 minutes or less (3+ miles) from the show. Its about 2 years old, plenty of parking.

Mike

·
Cogswell Cogs
3,392 Posts
Mike, You plan on bringing any snacks like last time? I can pick up a fresh box o' pastries from the local bakery. I'm going to bring along some water too..

I also found out one of the guys from work is bringing my assigned work vehicle up there. Of course he's going to be in the "other" section near the front of the building.

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was only planning on bringing water, but I could bring bagels and cream cheese. Steve sold his interest in the sandwich shop so I was planning on winging it.

Mike

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup... They always have dogs, burgers, and whatever. Lots of vendors selling stuff too. Weather is still cloudy w/50% chance of showers down from 60%. just finished touching up some house paint and fertilizing lawn. Debating whether or not to wash truck lol.

Mike

·
11 Second Club
15,087 Posts
Damn looks likea jaw dropping show. Im going to a local one today! Only 79s and lower

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gonna play it in real time, we'll see what's happening in the morning. Weather channel still saying 50% chance of showers but as noted earlier this show goes on rain or shine.

·
JTBtheSISSY thinks his cobras fast.
4,002 Posts
what time are you meeting mike? I haunt had a chance to clean the truck changed grills over to my new setup but I need to wash and clean the engine bay.

·
Cogswell Cogs
3,392 Posts
I'm going to play it in real time also... if it's pouring in the morning here I may cancel out because the weather usually heads in a N/E direction so it'll most likely be following me. It's clouded over pretty heavy here right now and it looks like its going to rain at any minute. I'll have to wait and see what tomorrow AM looks like.
That figures.. I just spent the last few hours washing, drying, cleaning the leather and vacuuming the interior on the truck.

Our forecast:
Tonight- Isolated thunderstorms. Showers, mainly after midnight. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.
Sunday- Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

LOL.. with the car club one year they were meeting in Middletown and there was a light snow in the forecast... it turned out to be more like a "white out" blizzard. I made it as far as exit 17 where I turned around and followed a state plow truck back to exit 6.
:smt101

·
Get In The FastLane
269 Posts
oldtimer: You have any pics of Pauls truck?

·
Get In The FastLane
269 Posts
or vids.... thanks!

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oldtimer: You have any pics/vids of Pauls truck?
Yeah... I'll have to search around, maybe tomorrow if rain kills the show. His build is well-documented over in NLOC. Do a search there for posts by mr12volt. Most of that is technical, chassis and turbo work. Here's one.

Paul's Turbo Build

There are some beauty shots in the last Dyno Day at Paul's shop (Total Induction).

Actually some pretty good pix in the Dyno Day/Mod Party group. Paul may have been one of the first Gen2 Turbo Lightnings as he was building it back in late 2006-2007 IIRC.

Mike

p.s. midnight and still not raining here??? Going to sleep. Keep the faith.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.