Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total throwback for me, last time I was on LR, maybe 6+ years ago?

Had a turbo'd built Lightning that I went nuts with, really young and had nothing better to do.
Ended up selling it and who knows where it went, somewhere down in Mexico last I saw.

3 kids and a Wife later, here I am on the hunt for an HD.

This time, I'm sticking to a mild drop, 22 reps and a catback.

Help me out, what drop is the way to go no for a 2/3?
Also, what tire size on the reps?
I am trying to look at a local 03 with 37k miles on it, waiting on the sellers reply.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Don't have a harley or reps so I can't help you out there, but welcome back!

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done deal.
37k miles.
All stock, hasn't been molested except Belltech shackles. Thing is in great condition.

Already have reps in 285/40 22 on route, JLP shackles as I'm taking off that heavy tonneau cover so the rear will jump back up in height, L-spec Bilstein shocks, Lopro QT tonneau and a Bassani Catback. Once the reps are on and the tonneau removed with the JLP shackles installed, I'll see if I feel the need to add a little more drop. If anything, a 1" to the front.

Since I have only been driving new technology vehicles since I sold my L, really can tell the difference hopping into this 20 year old truck...it's awesome.

Wonder if I'll be able to resist the temptation to do more.
Told myself I'd keep it mostly stock but I've already caught myself looking into a longblock :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.
Fortunately, or unfortunately, I've spent too much in the past with these trucks and saw nearly every mod there was including doing a built motor and 76mm turbo.

It was going so far with my Lightning to where just jumping in it, firing it up and driving off with confidence was not possible anymore to where I lost all the enjoyment with it.

It was the days of stock block and a tune/pulley which were the most enjoyable.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pulled off the hard tonneau cover and have a Lopro QT ready to go on.
Rear came up a little of course, I confirmed the truck has a 2" Belltech shackle. Have a JLP shackles on route to level out the rear once again. Once I have the 22" reps on, I'll see if I like the stance and take it from there.
Is there a 1" drop spring out there? Don't want to cut a coil off my stocks if I choose to bring the front down a little.

22" reps were delivered today, please remind me as I am not anywhere near my truck, do these things have factory TPMS?

·
The abandoner
3,529 Posts
nice truck! welcome back.
groundforce makes a 1" spring and belltech makes a 2" spring that comes with a 1" spacer.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couldn't find the groundforce anywhere, will keep looking.

The way it sits now, JLP shackles may just be enough.

All I am waiting on are the L spec Bilsteins, JLP shackles and Bassani Catback.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts