Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Gentlemen,
There is a learning curve when taking the office of the President of the United States. Learning the political system as well as leaders of other countries and their views. Along the trek of the learning curves invariably mistakes are made. These mistakes add to knowledge "IF" they are reasoned out and not made again. When elected officials go to Washington and do nothing to promote the betterment of the country, voters become frustrated with the system we have in place. For instance; Obamacare. After the ACA was passed, there were reports of some congressmen never reading the document. This apathy is dangerous for America. Whether you like President Trump or not, no one can say he is sitting on his hands. We all are aware of his accomplishments in the 18mos. in office. And yes there have been mistakes such as the hiring of some of the cabinet and advisors that had their own agendas i.e. Steve Bannon. IMHO, the mistakes made by the President will only have short term effect as he doesn't make the same one twice. I also think he has given the country direction and this will be of benefit long term. Keep America Great 2020 !!

Keith

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
This guy will and so will everyone in my family! (well besides 1 niece) Its amazing people regurgitate the things they hear/read on the mainstream media without opening their eyes and seeing how corrupt everything is. Prior to the 2016 election I got into several disagreeing discussions. Their main argument was that he had no political experience therefor didn't qualify to be in the position. My reply "where have the people with political experience taken us?" Especially the last joke of 8 years. Now if only republicans can gain a bigger majority this fall to help push some of the agenda through.

I think to myself sometimes, how much further we would be if it wasn't a constant uphill muddy battle with the current President. So far he has been the best President in my life time, and will probably go down in history as one of the best. He is messing up though by not getting rid of Ag. Get a Ag in that will do the whole job,not just immigration.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,252 Posts
Guaranteed I will. Guaranteed everyone in my family will. Guaranteed all my friends will. ;)

Judging from who the dimocrats are planning to run, or thinkin of running, I think He's a shoo-in. :smt023

I think the dims should run Nancy Pelosivich as the President and Maxine Wateronthe brain for VP. It would be non-stop entertainment. [smilie=om

[url]https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-02/jim-kunstler-sees-turn-worse[/url]

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-02/maxine-waters-turns-schumer-hell-do-anything-protect-his-power

·
Registered
17 Posts
If Trump is anything he's different. I'm not sure if he's a genius or out to lunch with his approach. I think only time will tell. As a Canadian watching from the outside I found myself disgusted with his personality. However, his way of doing business brings everyone to the table and forces issues to be addressed. Because he's someone I don't like I have to be careful not to just focus on the negative. I know he's doing good so I take that into account. It's something you have to do so you don't become blinded by partialness to a Party or person.

Personally, at this point I hope he doesn't get reelected. But if he has improved your life or you feel he's a making a difference for the good of the Country I respect that.

But, as a Canadian can you explain how he's made the Country better or why you believe his campaign policies are good for the USA and the World?

Cheers and much respect to the USA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
While I don't agree with everything he does or even think he's a particularly nice person, I think he's done some good things. For one, he is addressing illegal immigration. We have millions of illegals that drive uninsured and run when they hit your car which raises the rates for everyone. They often have no health insurance and use the ER for medical issues, which raises the rates for everyone. Despite what you hear in the media, Trump is not anti-immigrant. Like many of us, he simply wants to check people out before letting them in and we want them to respect our laws. We need immigration to maintain the workforce as the baby boomers retire, so there is no doubt Trump sees the benefits of bringing in people to fill open positions. BTW-Canada has a pretty solid vetting system, we had a conference in Alberta a few years ago and one of our AV technicians was denied entry for having a DUI a few years prior. Here in the USA, everyone just comes in and disappears.

He has also put his foot down with North Korea's threats and China's unfair trade policies (currency manipulation, dumping cheap products to destroy competition, intellectual property theft, etc.). I am not so much for Trump hitting Canada and Mexico with tariffs as they are better trading partners than Asia or even Europe. I think NAFTA originally hurt us, however, most of the jobs we lost to Mexico ended up going to China later on. I think a good trade deal with Mexico could be a way to curb illegal immigration as I can't see people packing up and leaving their lives behind if they had decent jobs and opportunities at home. Shoring up Mexico's economy would create a middle class of consumers who would increase trade opportunities for us and quality of life for them.

He also reduced some regulations that were crushing start ups and small businesses to appease often small groups or causes. With that said, I am not so happy with his environmental policies, but am hopeful that we can get to a clean slate and enact common sense regulations to protect everyone in a fair manner.

As others have said, he is unpolished and has a big learning curve, but he is getting things done after decades of nothing good happening. In my opinion, he is no worse or more dirty than most billionaire entrepreneurs, he just doesn't bother to hide it as well. He is a stereotypical loud New Yorker/Jersey boy you see yelling at their spouse at Disney World (no offense to any of your NY/Jersey fellas, but you know the type:).

If you think Trump is a particularly bad rich guy: Think about Jeff Bezos. A successful billionaire Lefty who hates Trump for his policies. His company, Amazon, is clobbering small businesses, causing a huge amount of cardboard waste that is overloading the recycle centers and working employees to the bone for minimal pay (sub-contracting drivers to avoid employment tax and benefits). They talk the progressive talk, but when Seattle tried to implement a tax to address homelessness in it's home city, they threatened to leave and take the jobs with them. Another example would be Bill Gates. He's known for philanthropy but Microsoft stole ideas and worked diligently to stifle any competition, often ending up in court and being fined for doing so. George Soros - Also known for philanthropy but once destroyed the economy of Singapore (IIRC it was Singapore) via currency hedging. He was interviewed and the reporter asked him how a philanthropist can justify hurting so many people by crashing an economy for profit and he said "that is just business and has nothing to do with the good things I do". People like these guys do some philanthropic work to justify the rotten things they do to get rich. Trump at least doesn't claim to be something he's not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you think Trump is a particularly bad rich guy: Think about Jeff Bezos. A successful billionaire Lefty who hates Trump for his policies. His company, Amazon, is clobbering small businesses, causing a huge amount of cardboard waste that is overloading the recycle centers and working employees to the bone for minimal pay (sub-contracting drivers to avoid employment tax and benefits). They talk the progressive talk, but when Seattle tried to implement a tax to address homelessness in it's home city, they threatened to leave and take the jobs with them. Another example would be Bill Gates. He's known for philanthropy but Microsoft stole ideas and worked diligently to stifle any competition, often ending up in court and being fined for doing so. George Soros - Also known for philanthropy but once destroyed the economy of Singapore (IIRC it was Singapore) via currency hedging. He was interviewed and the reporter asked him how a philanthropist can justify hurting so many people by crashing an economy for profit and he said "that is just business and has nothing to do with the good things I do". People like these guys do some philanthropic work to justify the rotten things they do to get rich. Trump at least doesn't claim to be something he's not.
ive worked for amazon as a tech there and ill tell you first hand Bezos and the leaders right under him are scumbags. don't care about your personal life... they hire kids right of college as managers to mold them into savages. ive seen mentally disabled people busting their ass fired for not getting a certain number. people crapped themselves because if they went to the bathroom their numbers would fall and get fired. all they do is look at computers and watch numbers. its a savage business. weve had the guy right under Bezos do a tour in a building I was at and walked by like he was a king and your a peasant. And try to find what charities that scumbag donates too, all hes focusing on is getting richer to build a rocketship. Donald trump will have my vote for 2020. If your not succeeding under him then its your own fault. unless your on disability.. etc...

·
Jay
1,015 Posts
1000%. Been on the Trump Train since the beginning. The first year was a bit chaotic, but he is killing it. I agree with what Shutudown said. His style forces issues to be addressed and fixed. It is like throwing a grenade right into the middle of DC, which is exactly what I was looking for when voting for him. We were all tired of time passing by and nothing happening. Whether you like it or not, Trump is getting things done.

It was time for a change and it ended up paying off big time, so far anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow. I guess you have to be that way to become a billionaire.
ive worked for amazon as a tech there and ill tell you first hand Bezos and the leaders right under him are scumbags. don't care about your personal life... they hire kids right of college as managers to mold them into savages. ive seen mentally disabled people busting their ass fired for not getting a certain number. people crapped themselves because if they went to the bathroom their numbers would fall and get fired. all they do is look at computers and watch numbers. its a savage business. weve had the guy right under Bezos do a tour in a building I was at and walked by like he was a king and your a peasant. And try to find what charities that scumbag donates too, all hes focusing on is getting richer to build a rocketship. Donald trump will have my vote for 2020. If your not succeeding under him then its your own fault. unless your on disability.. etc...
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I don't think I can imagine (even in my nightmares) a more disgusting human being than Donald Trump. By the time he's gone, he'll have this country so F#*ked up, no one will be able to fix it.

Reactions: Ken Mitchell

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
If Trump is anything he's different. I'm not sure if he's a genius or out to lunch with his approach. I think only time will tell. As a Canadian watching from the outside I found myself disgusted with his personality. However, his way of doing business brings everyone to the table and forces issues to be addressed. Because he's someone I don't like I have to be careful not to just focus on the negative. I know he's doing good so I take that into account. It's something you have to do so you don't become blinded by partialness to a Party or person.

Personally, at this point I hope he doesn't get reelected. But if he has improved your life or you feel he's a making a difference for the good of the Country I respect that.

But, as a Canadian can you explain how he's made the Country better or why you believe his campaign policies are good for the USA and the World?

Cheers and much respect to the USA.
Sir,

I will try to answer your questions as best I can. Before President Trump was elected, the citizens of the U.S. had two major concerns; the economy and ISIS (terrorism). Our economy had become stagnant and ISIS was reeking havoc worldwide with it's relentless terror attacks.

A country's economy can be measured by it's Gross National Product (GNP) which is the total value of goods produced and services provided by a country during one year, equal to the gross domestic product plus the net income from foreign investments. In 2016, the U.S. GNP was $18.75 trillion. For comparative reasons only, in the same year Canada had $1.575 trillion GNP. However, our economy was growing at a relatively slow pace in the low two percent range. During Obama's last year in office, expert economists stated our economy would NEVER grow above three percent. Figures were released last month and our economy had grown at a rate of 3.2% ! And economists are now predicting a growth of 4% by the end of his first term !

One of President Trump promises was if elected, the days of ISIS would be numbered. I'm sure you had heard of all the ruthless attacks by these savages. The entire continent of Europe was targeted by ISIS. We even had attacks here that the perpetrators had ties to ISIS. In Orlando, Fla. a gunman stating allegiance to ISIS killed 49 people at a night club. Today, ISIS has all but been eradicated from the face of the planet.

Now, both of these things, and there are numerous others, I have mentioned here are good for our country as well as the world and are a direct result of President Trump being elected.

Keith

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,252 Posts
I don't think I can imagine (even in my nightmares) a more disgusting human being than Donald Trump. By the time he's gone, he'll have this country so F#*ked up, no one will be able to fix it.
So this means you think that Hildabeast Clintstone is a fine upstanding citizen, and example of how American's should act? I certainly hope not. She's a disgusting, lying, cheating, hypocritical, scandalous, traitorous douchenozzle. I for one am glad, every night when I go to bed, that she lost. I can't even begin to imagine how focked up things would be had she won. She's the absolute worst Secretary of State this country has ever had. She's sickly, fugly and we don't need a President who wears Depends. :ahhhh

·
Registered
216 Posts

Rather than tossing f bombs. Explain what President Trump has done while in office, to make you feel this way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 70 Posts