Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after 9 years of owning my truck I finally did an official weight check in full race trim.

3,825#'s empty with about 1 gallon of fuel so figure about 3,850 on race day with 4 to 5 gallons of fuel
4,013#'s with me in it plus all my safety equipment so about 4,040#'s with fuel

Big thanks to Uncle Frank for bringing the scales over to do an official weight. Those things are very accurate.
Scale pic 1.jpg
Scale pic 2.jpg
Scale pic 3.jpg
Scale pic4.jpg
Scale pic 2.jpg
Scale pic 3.jpg
Scale pic4.jpg

·
Registered
425 Posts
Very nice to see a weight and interesting to see the distribution of the weight as well. 👍

·
Administrator
18,220 Posts
Pretty light after all these years of work. I find it interesting that Frank has scales. He tells us all that every truck, no matter it's weight distribution would be set up with the same shock settings if he was choosing...

Jim

·
worlds fastest MP lightning
1,502 Posts
🏁Dude 🏁 please tell Jim, toy Gun, that all (3) of🏁 Uncle Franks trucks 🏁 are exactly setup in the Same way that’s true,and I race them in the same way, also true🏁but tell him that even Ray 😎Charles can see that has NOTHING to do with the weights of each truck 🇺🇸 for example 🏁
🏁Secretariat 🇺🇸wt 3,888🏁Blue Thunder 🇺🇸wt 3,897🏁Silver assassin 🇺🇸wt 3,699🏁 soon to be 3,480🏁YES it’s not a miss print (3,480) 🏁Uncle Frank🏁 Doesn’t need to go bigger ,just lighter 🏁see you on Opening day as usual🏁🏁🏁 Hopefully we won’t be the only Lightnings on Opening day🏁🇺🇸🏁

·
1,502 Posts
🏁My man Marty 🇺🇸 if you were closer i would put your truck on my scales in a New York minute 🇺🇸
🏁Dudes 🏁truck is the only truck other then mine that’s been on these awesome amazing accurate scales🇺🇸 and your truck would be #(2) that’s for sure 🏁🏁🏁wishing you all the best in 🏁2020🏁 as I know you also will be at the track on 🏁opening day🏁please send me a great time slip 🏁🏁🏁 looking forward in meeting you ❤🇺🇸🏁

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Bunch of gutted trucks running around in the NE

·
1,502 Posts
🏁 Just having some fun with Top Gun, i know what you mean and yes it doesn’t matter what they weigh but I still will like to know the wts of my trucks 🏁 although I stand corrected with my new setup with the silver assassin,with the anti roll bar I did change my Shock settings🏁 (4) in the front & ( 6) on the rear🏁 and it didn’t take me long to find out if the change in my settings would help, on my (3) third time to the track I went from a 🏁(1.337)🏁 to a 🏁(1.316)🏁 60 ft🇺🇸first time I changed my settings in about (5) years 🏁looking to go 1.30/1.29 (60 FTS) in 🇺🇸2020🏁 LOL 🇺🇸 I know you must be thinking I’m dreaming 😴 but this 🏁Silver assassin of mine with this little (2.3) Whipple, now going on (7) straight years without missing A beat has a habit of making me dreams come true🏁🇺🇸❤😇🥰 hope to see you on opening day.

·
local painter
2,837 Posts
Wow. That’s a lot lighter than stock UF. Good luck in 2020 looking forward to following yall fast guys. Hoping to get my 1st timeslip this year. 🍻

·
Registered
152 Posts
UF, some people think adding more hp is the answer but most real racers know weight is the bigger part of the puzzle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
1,502 Posts
🏁My man Mike 🇺🇸 thats not totally true, you do need🏁 HP🏁 to go faster, because my truck is making plenty of power for a (2v) )(5.4 ) (331)cubic in motor 🏁 i have nothing against anyone going bigger, just in my case I don’t feel I need to go bigger to go faster🏁 what I do think is that my 🇺🇸2.3 Whipple🇺🇸 Is not Quite done yet 🤔 I truly believe she has a little more left, how much is another story * As we all know the tune that 🏁SR🏁 gave this truck is spot on🇺🇸 can we go a little lean🤔yes because my Air fuel is on the Rich side ,but that’s not how 🏁SR🏁 tunes* He told me from day one, because of the power this truck is making and how much on the edge he tuned it (SAFE EDGE) if i want to go faster, GO lighter🏁 And that’s why we sent back the Huge aftermarket Plenum that 🇺🇸BIRD🇺🇸 Was nice enough to send me free of charge, only because that would have given me more power and (SR) (JR) & myself Weren’t comfortable with that , only because in how she was running🏁 That old saying, if it’s not broke don’t fix it, well that’s kinda what we think ,because when a little (2.3) Whipple can go down the track at (27) lbs of boost and then keeps on pulling through the traps at (30) lbs of boost and gets no belt slippage, that’s a fine tuned machine 🏁 it’s a no brainer🏁🇺🇸
🇺🇸Now maybe some can see why my truck has (96) passes in (6) years and has been to 🏁JDM🏁
only (4) times in (((((7)))years🏁 #1) to Change Injectors* #2) on the Dyno🏁 because of my new setup and new tune🏁and two other times to adjust My Pinion angle, when I did the roll pan, and most recent when I had the anti roll bar done* that’s not counting my plug changes 🏁 hopefully after reading all of this, one can see that this truck is nothing special other then it’s built and tuned by 🏁JDM engineering🏁
🏁So in closing do i Believe in more ( HP) 🏁YES🏁, but not in my case🇺🇸
🏁PS🏁 will I ever go to the 🏁2.9🏁🤔That’s totally up to Whipple🇺🇸🏁🇺🇸

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Lmao. I was driving mine over the 60 degree weekend we just had.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Look who's talking. ........but we got 2 bad ass street/strip trucks running around Jerzeeee!!!
I know u street ur truck. But the silver only sees the street from the trailer it’s on.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts