Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did some work to the HD and the L today. Currently got the L up for sale and was wondering what it would look like if I swapped the rims between them. I was pleasantly surprised the HD looks nice. Its to dark now but I will get photos up tomorrow. Think I am gonna sell the L with the HD rims on it. It looks better with the 20's anyway always had to much space in the wheel wells, and I never lowered it as much as the HD. Never been a big fan of chrome it is way to much work to take care rust's easily if I end up back north again.

What really surprised me is the difference in weights on the wheels. Yes I understand the HD wheels and rims are bigger thus heavier. But I could tell a noticeable difference in the wheel weights. The L wheels are alot lighter which I think should be a good thing. HD even rides nicer on the L wheels with my current setup.

On another note I forgot How much it sucked to break the caged pully loose the first time. Well this time sucked just as much, even with anti-seize on it. But long story short I swapped on a 3.2 upper and a 6lb lower to up the boost without going over board. Tuned the new wheels and change in boost and she spins up nice.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
yeah thats not too bad

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Nice, have you thought about changing the color of the wheels.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
not too bad.... I like thoss spoke looking Harley wheels the best on those trucks

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And pics of the L, with that in mind walter12walter it is a serious thought. I am a huge fan of how the L wheels look when powder coated. I have seen alot of L wheels that look amazing after coating and make the truck just pop and not in the vented block type.

For those wondering in between deployments I never had much time to do alot of work to the L. Unlike the HD since I been in TRADOC land this year. Or else it would look alot different and since I decided to sell it well no since in doing anything now. Only 12k miles since 2007

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
mdan575
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing