Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months back I was having coolant disappear from the IC reservoir. Sure enough, I found the Trick Inter cooler to be leaking. Luckily, my cousin had one he was not using BRAND new and let me borrow it. Mind you the one I was running was low low mileage and pretty new as I didn’t install until last year.

Fast forward to today.. same issue. Water is disappearing from the IC tank again! I just pulled the IC and to no surprise a puddle of water on the bottom of the turkey pan. WTF!? This IC from Trick is VERY much new… it has only been used for a couple months, not much mileage and it’s broken. These 2 IC where purchased from the same group buy that happened around December 2019.

Anyone else have issues like this? I’m not happy at all with there quality control. Any IC alternatives? I remember @MIKECR250 mentioning a Bell IC. Anyone run those??

For now I’ll be using my stock intercooler. I’m not going to be waiting weeks or even months before they can fix 2 damn intercoolers I’ll be sending them ASAP.
Light Rectangle Grille Wood Fixture
Product Rectangle Wood Composite material Grille
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system

• Wow
Reactions: dannyrok

·
Fresh to Death
79 Posts
Well my procrastination doesn't help you but I hope they resolve it for you. I'm hoping to get mine in over the winter, maybe i should pressure test it before....

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you find there is a leak, see if you can get someone to test it using an Eddy current machine. You'll be able to pinpoint the leak, know its size and maybe a little more. An Eddy current test can also show if there is any thinning of the walls of the piping.

Find a local school that teaches nondestructive testing and they will probably be happy to use it as a real-world example of the method. And it would likely be tested several times so you'd know the results are legit.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Now you’ve got me paranoid🤪 I bought 2 around the same time frame. November/Black Friday 2018 or 2019🤔 I bought them thru BG.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now you’ve got me paranoid🤪 I bought 2 around the same time frame. November/Black Friday 2018 or 2019🤔 I bought them thru BG.
Maybe from the same batch! This sucks. Only a couple months of use and not much mileage. Not happy at all with them.

• Angry

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lightning force performance sells ICs iirc
They do but stock size. The Trick is custom built and made for the JC midplates.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve heard this quite a few times now ! I have one but seems to be holding ok for now
If you don’t drive it much I would think you’ll be ok… I try to drive my truck all the time.

On a side note, I got in touch with Bell intercoolers. They build custom intercoolers. I will be hearing back from them soon.

·
Fresh to Death
79 Posts
Have you contacted Trick? I'd hope they would help somehow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts