Reactions: 2002 true blue

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,306 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
A quick search would have found this very question asked less than a month ago...the consensus back then was also to go with the California Car Cover.

Or find a 'generic' truck cover...you're not going to find good and cheap together.

·
Registered
01 Lightning
163 Posts
I remember them being there but now can’t find
Yea i don't see them either, but they used Covercraft and i went on there site and it looks like you have to special order one using a Truck Dim Sheet and Noah Truck Covers has one for $380

·
around these parts
1,152 Posts
Both Covercraft and California Car Cover offer custom covers. Covercraft will be less expensive. Both offer a number of different types of covers based on outside, or outside/inside, or inside only. Roughly in the price range of $300 plus for Covercfraft, $500 plus for California Car Cover. Not inexpensive but then the trucks have a cult like following and deserve all the protection you can give them. Especially, True Blue trucks . . .

Scott

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm going to be looking into a new car cover as well, I'm on my second cover from LMR, really liked it but the new neighborhood I'm in has lots of cats, and well, my car cover looks like swiss cheese now. I'm not sure I want to dish out $300+ for a new cover so Garfield and his friends can use it as a toy. I looked around on Amazon and thought about just getting a universal one for now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to sell the Covercraft Covers about 20 years ago. They also make the covers for California Car Covers. Over the years the original owner retired and his son took over. The product has gone downhill. The fabrics just don't last. I got a Weathershield cover for my L in 2004. They just had one type of WeatherShield fabric then and it lasted for around 12 years. The stitching started to degrade from the UV rays. The fabric itself was still great and still is. I still use it for a cover on a parts car. A few safety pins hold it together.
I bought a new version of their new WeatherShield HD (heavy duty) and it lasted about 5 years before the fabric started to degrade form the sun. It's thinner than the old cover I still have, and while costing about $200 more it is a POS. It's now land fill.
Take a look at the Budge covers. They are a universal fit but the best fabric that I have found. Their best - Rust-Oleum - Never Wet , runs $185 for the lightning size. They are made in the USA and are a bargain compared to most of the universal fits that are imports.
Budge Industries - The Original Car Cover Company | Budge

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bought mine from here... truck is kept in the garage for the winter, so not exposed to the extreme weather... paid about 175.00

1 - 16 of 16 Posts