Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I have a Whipple midplate and a stock ic I think I'll pass.
If it works for you great. My elevation fucks with my power/IAT2S. I need the biggest core. I have a JC midplate and love it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Do you have a super charger that is for a gen 2 Lightning? If so, what made you decide to get a JC midplate?
Yeah like Dusten already mentioned, I run a 2.9L Whipple. I run the JC mid plate for the added 3/8IN spacer and also more well done and opened up compared to stock Whipple 2.9L mid plate. Love it can’t complain!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now how much more a 12 row will be over the 11 row is to see as I have everything 1inch and running a cwa 400 pump with a pwm control, but never ran a trick intercooler. I recently just swapped out my heat exchanger for a frozen boost 3inch one and saw 20 degrees drop from stock one driving in hot weather. But in wide open not much change other quicker cooling after letting off.
Do you have a link/pictures of your new heat exchanger? I’m in the market for a new one as my Fluidyne finally fell off literally lol. The rubber grommets are toasted. Was looking at getting a AFCO HE but now that you mentioned yours I’d like to look into it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It's a custom one from frozen boost I thinks it's 3.5 thick and I put fans behind to draw air. I drilled and tapped for 1 inch fittings on it

I used stock location bracket and bolt L brackets and brackets at lowest and bolted right up. Spend a total of $300 with dual 7" fans,brackets, and is a 1inch heat exchanger. Many use it like hellcats,terminators,ctsv with great success. I do recommend change drain valve on it since it's kinda effy the one supplied to the stock type one more sturdy .

View attachment 549228
View attachment 549227
That's a thick boy! Have any more pictures of how you mounted it?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Same way as a fluidyne. Just had to Use two 12inch long brackets from lowes or homedepot with pred drilled holes on it to tie both tabs already on heat exchanger then used a L bracket on each end side to the 12inch long brackets predrilled holes and tied the other end to the stock location like the fluidyne does.
Got it thanks! Not bad of a price for the HE itself. I asked them if they could do the 1IN IN/OUT water outlets and they said they can't do it. I would have to look for a shop. I'm wondering if fans are necessary tho...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts