Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
The 11 row works with the supplied adapter plate if you have a jc customs midplate or not since it has both bolt patterns . Once you go 12 row you need the bolt pattern for trick intercooler without adapter on your midplate for intercooler. which is where Jc customs midplate gives you the option for a trick intercooler bolt pattern. You can make it work even without just have to go to a machine shop to drill and tap or do yourself.

I got the 11 row with 1 inch for my hard spun 1320junkie trinity tvs, but saw he just took it out and is willing to trade due to early order and not installed.

So I have to drill and tap for the bolt pattern on my gt500 midplate from jc customs since it came with stock intercooler bolt pattern.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Now how much more a 12 row will be over the 11 row is to see as I have everything 1inch and running a cwa 400 pump with a pwm control, but never ran a trick intercooler. I recently just swapped out my heat exchanger for a frozen boost 3inch one and saw 20 degrees drop from stock one driving in hot weather. But in wide open not much change other quicker cooling after letting off.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That makes sense and feel the stock intercooler in daily driving duties with long pulls doesn't help me even in a 60 degree weather not climb up to 170* and lose timing in the process spinning the blower at 23k. Track scenario might be better with ice but i feel it climb still 170 at the end of the pull regardless.

So got the 11inch one and wanting to install ,but saw the 12 row is out but don't know if worth the modification drilling and tap my jc midplate myself for it and the $120 with shipping and taxes included is worth it with a 3 week wait for it.

Is that 1 extra row that much more beneficial?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Do you have a link/pictures of your new heat exchanger? I’m in the market for a new one as my Fluidyne finally fell off literally lol. The rubber grommets are toasted. Was looking at getting a AFCO HE but now that you mentioned yours I’d like to look into it.

It's a custom one from frozen boost I thinks it's 3.5 thick and I put fans behind to draw air. I drilled and tapped for 1 inch fittings on it

I used stock location bracket and bolt L brackets and brackets at lowest and bolted right up. Spend a total of $300 with dual 7" fans,brackets, and is a 1inch heat exchanger. Many use it like hellcats,terminators,ctsv with great success. I do recommend change drain valve on it since it's kinda effy the one supplied to the stock type one more sturdy .

Table Wood Rectangle Floor Flooring

Cloud Sky Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
310 Posts
Same way as a fluidyne. Just had to Use two 12inch long brackets from lowes or homedepot with pred drilled holes on it to tie both tabs already on heat exchanger then used a L bracket on each end side to the 12inch long brackets predrilled holes and tied the other end to the stock location like the fluidyne does.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Got it thanks! Not bad of a price for the HE itself. I asked them if they could do the 1IN IN/OUT water outlets and they said they can't do it. I would have to look for a shop. I'm wondering if fans are necessary tho...
I just drill mine to a 1inch and retap it with 1inch threads no issues. I get you a pic of it there is plenty material to drill existing Bushing. Don't know why they don't offer it 1inch though. As for fans I use them to help draw more air easier since it's a thick core, but it does work even though what they say about thick cores and airflow at low speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts