Lightning Rodder banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Jdm will do my tuning but I won’t have any before or after results. Yes I’m running a 2.9 whipple
Very nice the 2.9 is nice I might end up buying another one eventually sold mine not long ago. My truck came with a 2.8 KB.

Look forward to seeing the numbers.👍

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,537 Posts
Very nice the 2.9 is nice I might end up buying another one eventually sold mine not long ago. My truck came with a 2.8 KB.

Look forward to seeing the numbers.👍
Won’t be high numbers. Will have them tune it very conservative since I’m running stock fuel lines.... I’m hoping atleast 600hp with low timing to no timing thrown at it

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Won’t be high numbers. Will have them tune it very conservative since I’m running stock fuel lines.... I’m hoping atleast 600hp with low timing to no timing thrown at it
I understand man did not realize you had stock lines. Still plenty of power 👍

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Anyone planning to get before and after data logging with no other changes to see the temperature changes? I was going to try buy my truck is currently down for some others repairs/changes and probably going to put the intercooler in while I have things apart.

I know it would be nice to see some back to back data just wondering if anyone here thinks they will be able to do it.

·
Vendor
745 Posts
Ok, we have contacted everyone that had a balance, and everyone that has been shipped you should be receiving tracking info from paypal/ups. If I missed anyone please contact me. I do show 1 core pending waiting on one customer. thank you everyone that placed orders and looking forward to seeing results.

Never boost without water flow core, never run your engine with out water flow to the core. really ANY inter cooler inside the engine. Any water that is inside your core can boil causing issues and failures.
So to maximize these core you want as much flow as possible. the more the better.

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,537 Posts
Ok, we have contacted everyone that had a balance, and everyone that has been shipped you should be receiving tracking info from paypal/ups. If I missed anyone please contact me. I do show 1 core pending waiting on one customer. thank you everyone that placed orders and looking forward to seeing results.

Never boost without water flow core, never run your engine with out water flow to the core. really ANY inter cooler inside the engine. Any water that is inside your core can boil causing issues and failures.
So to maximize these core you want as much flow as possible. the more the better.
These are 3/4” fittings right ? I just received my Intercooler yesterday

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #167

·
Registered
537 Posts
Still no answer to my ?s. They have been on plenty of times. Oh well. I will spend my money elsewhere. Good luck to those who did purchase one of these. Hopeing for results to be posted also.

·
Vendor
745 Posts
Still no answer to my ?s. They have been on plenty of times. Oh well. I will spend my money elsewhere. Good luck to those who did purchase one of these. Hopeing for results to be posted also.
Sorry,
I did not start the thread nor did I read everyone's comments or posts. Completely understand your feelings for not getting an answer. this is one reason I would rather people call me then trying to keep up with threads as I respond to messages, calls or DM on a daily basis.
I just started getting noticed to my email about this thread. Not sure why does not matter.

To answer your questions. It is a single pass meaning the water only goes through the core 1 time. I will not go into any great details on the design. But the all water only goes through the core 1 time. The inlets and outlets are 3/4" for now, it's a bar plate design to allow the largest core possible to fit a stock mid plate for now.

A little more info that has to do with over all about the core.
If one is running a stock or mildly stock set up.
The overall air temp drop will be minimal. It helps on higher boost, higher flow builds that are pushing their systems that use high flow water pumps.
In the past had several customers call and tell me they went from 185+ to 140f through the traps with a KB unit.
The core is an 11row design.
That alone over the stock unit gains air flow.
But the core is only 1pc in a complete build, It is the best unit for this application I know of.

If customers stock systems are working for them then no need to step into this core. But if you are having heat issues, a bad leaky core, or swapping to a no stock mid plate. Its a great fit.

If anyone has a question you can always call or text me.
Rick
940-781-5204

BTW I still have 1 customer no response to reminders. If you have not gotten an update/email/message about your core please call me.

940-781-5204

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #171 (Edited)
Sorry,
I did not start the thread nor did I read everyone's comments or posts. Completely understand your feelings for not getting an answer. this is one reason I would rather people call me then trying to keep up with threads as I respond to messages, calls or DM on a daily basis.
I just started getting noticed to my email about this thread. Not sure why does not matter.

To answer your questions. It is a single pass meaning the water only goes through the core 1 time. I will not go into any great details on the design. But the all water only goes through the core 1 time. The inlets and outlets are 3/4" for now, it's a bar plate design to allow the largest core possible to fit a stock mid plate for now.

A little more info that has to do with over all about the core.
If one is running a stock or mildly stock set up.
The overall air temp drop will be minimal. It helps on higher boost, higher flow builds that are pushing their systems that use high flow water pumps.
In the past had several customers call and tell me they went from 185+ to 140f through the traps with a KB unit.
The core is an 11row design.
That alone over the stock unit gains air flow.
But the core is only 1pc in a complete build, It is the best unit for this application I know of.

If customers stock systems are working for them then no need to step into this core. But if you are having heat issues, a bad leaky core, or swapping to a no stock mid plate. Its a great fit.

If anyone has a question you can always call or text me.
Rick
940-781-5204

BTW I still have 1 customer no response to reminders. If you have not gotten an update/email/message about your core please call me.

940-781-5204
Thank you for the further explanation and response. I assumed you did not see it so mentioned messaging you or calling directly. I am running a 2.8 KB (not liquid cooled version) So I think in my situation this will help tremendously. Look forward to seeing how it performs for me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
@Trick1
Yeah, sry but you still didnt answer my ?. I asked how fluid got back to the inlet side of the intercooler? Its a simple question. I dont understand what so secretive about that. Metal tube inside or somthing? I mean its no big deal. Im not gona bash anybody on this side but im not gona buy a mod for my truck that cost what this does based on "cause you say it is". Im sry but i want proof. Also i dont understand how it wld help only those making "big" boost. Temps are temps in these trucks. If it works well for people making big boost and high hp then it sld easily help with mild to low boost to stay closer to ambient. Idk maybe im lookin at it wrong?

·
Vendor
745 Posts
@Trick1
Yeah, sry but you still didnt answer my ?. I asked how fluid got back to the inlet side of the intercooler? Its a simple question. I dont understand what so secretive about that. Metal tube inside or somthing? I mean its no big deal. Im not gona bash anybody on this side but im not gona buy a mod for my truck that cost what this does based on "cause you say it is". Im sry but i want proof. Also i dont understand how it wld help only those making "big" boost. Temps are temps in these trucks. If it works well for people making big boost and high hp then it sld easily help with mild to low boost to stay closer to ambient. Idk maybe im lookin at it wrong?
I'm taking it as your bashing anyone.
Don't take offense, I do not think I have ever explained it in all the years of building these.

You are welcome to call to go over the why it work better on high boost applications over stock in details if you like.

940-781-5204

161 - 174 of 174 Posts