Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered up a Trick IC n JC Customs Midplate for my built 2.3l whippled lightning. I was advised to stick with 2.3l blower for street duty. I also orderd up some ARP hardware, and Tims heater+IC hoses. Hoping to get everything swapped in before some dyno tuning with JDM mid June. What IC pump are you guys running with these hi flow set ups? Truck already has an oversized tank and heat exchanger w/fans. My last built lightning I shoe horned some type of boat pump iirc. So whats the go to pump these days?
Also hopn to pick up a larger plenum+TB for the Whipple at some point. I was told they arent being made anymore. Hoping to get the truck to put down 550-600 rwhp. Mite be time to add "some" boost. Pushn 15-16psi now.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You will need to hammer the shit out of the firewall of you got the spacer on that JC midplate and if you ever get custom plenum.

You will gain 2psi with a modified plenum, Whipple GT500 throttle body and custom 5in intake. That’s what I gained.

You should be well at 600HP with the boost you are pushing.

Reactions: dannyrok

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Why did you decide to go with an aftermarket midplate instead of the stock one?
Haven’t seen you in awhile here. How’s your truck running? I saw the videos you posted on YouTube yesterday.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,872 Posts
Haven’t seen you in awhile here. How’s your truck running? I saw the videos you posted on YouTube yesterday.
Blew a head gasket or two a couple years ago. I just started putting the truck back together. I don't think I uploaded a youtube video in a good while.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Blew a head gasket or two a couple years ago. I just started putting the truck back together. I don't think I uploaded a youtube video in a good while.
I blew a head gasket also a couple months back. Just started enjoying mine once again. I thought you where Kornfed on YouTube? Maybe got you mixed up. That channel uploaded some lightings racing.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,872 Posts
My youtube is SVTBansheeman. I am looking forward to mine as well. Hopefully everything is fine.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You will need to hammer the shit out of the firewall of you got the spacer on that JC midplate and if you ever get custom plenum.

You will gain 2psi with a modified plenum, Whipple GT500 throttle body and custom 5in intake. That’s what I gained.

You should be well at 600HP with the boost you are pushing.
Looking to buy a bigger plenum/TB set up if one ever comes up for sale. When you say you gained 2psi, you mean you freed up the ability to run additional 2psi because of the effeciency you gained?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered up a Trick IC n JC Customs Midplate for my built 2.3l whippled lightning. I was advised to stick with 2.3l blower for street duty. I also orderd up some ARP hardware, and Tims heater+IC hoses. Hoping to get everything swapped in before some dyno tuning with JDM mid June. What IC pump are you guys running with these hi flow set ups? Truck already has an oversized tank and heat exchanger w/fans. My last built lightning I shoe horned some type of boat pump iirc. So whats the go to pump these days?
Also hopn to pick up a larger plenum+TB for the Whipple at some point. I was told they arent being made anymore. Hoping to get the truck to put down 550-600 rwhp. Mite be time to add "some" boost. Pushn 15-16psi now.
We're going down the same path lol. 2.3, JC midplate, Trick IC & Tim's hoses for mine also. What size inlets did you go with on the trick? And did you order Tim's heater hoses also?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3/4". Yes, I orderd Tims heater and IC hoses
Looking forward to gettn this set up in, on, and off to JDM for some tuning.

·
Registered
665 Posts
3/4". Yes, I orderd Tims heater and IC hoses
Looking forward to gettn this set up in, on, and off to JDM for some tuning.
Nice. I went with the 1" and have to trim some of the part the actuator arm sits in because it's touching the hose. Shouldn't take much for it to clear though. Enjoy the hoses they're super nice!

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,872 Posts
Has someone shared gains from an aftermarket midplate with the only change being the midplate vs stock? I've searched here and on fb and nothing came up but i could of easily missed it with FB's terrible search engine.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I read a few vague threads/statements. For some reason, I didn't realize you did not need the JC customs midplate for the Trick IC. By the time I orderd it. So I just stuck with it and the built in spacer. We ll see.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im now aware...

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trick IC has arrived...still waiting on JC Customs midplate
20210604_190552.jpg
20210604_190603.jpg

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Looking to buy a bigger plenum/TB set up if one ever comes up for sale. When you say you gained 2psi, you mean you freed up the ability to run additional 2psi because of the effeciency you gained?
I believe that is what happened. When you make the inlet less restrictive to blower, in return you gain boost (psi). Don’t quote me, someone correct me, but that’s how I believe it works!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
My youtube is SVTBansheeman. I am looking forward to mine as well. Hopefully everything is fine.
Gotcha. I’ll be checking it out. Hopefully you get yours running this summer.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Edit

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awaiting midplate and Tims hose kit...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts