Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,951 Posts
I agree 100%. This is why i posted, to find possible solution to the fuel system.

Last part im still looking for is a set of 97 rails.... looks like the market dried up lol
I am actually doing the same. I talk with a couple locals to deal with the many issues that i caused.

It may be time to just upgrade to a set of aftermarket rails etc. Just do a full fuel system and be done with it. It really sucks to do a lot of cheaper mods then your fuel rails drain on the WOT hit like mine did.:(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am actually doing the same. I talk with a couple locals to deal with the many issues that i caused.

It may be time to just upgrade to a set of aftermarket rails etc. Just do a full fuel system and be done with it. It really sucks to do a lot of cheaper mods then your fuel rails drain on the WOT hit like mine did.:(
I ordered everything to do the 97 rail swap, just cant damn find the 97 rails themselves. Man, i got hits out all over the place and no one has any....

im 1/2 tempted to just tig weld a -8 union on the stock hat pressure side and return side, and pick up a set of rails to just build the rest myself. im not looking to turn the earth with this thing just dont want to shell out 2k for a complete bolt in fuel system.

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
I ordered everything to do the 97 rail swap, just cant damn find the 97 rails themselves. Man, i got hits out all over the place and no one has any....

im 1/2 tempted to just tig weld a -8 union on the stock hat pressure side and return side, and pick up a set of rails to just build the rest myself. im not looking to turn the earth with this thing just dont want to shell out 2k for a complete bolt in fuel system.
www.car-part.com

Most wrecking yards will ship.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,951 Posts

You can just use a bulkhead 8an/6an fittings as well. Then grab some Fragola braided nylon line. You dont need PTFE if you arent doing e85. That's the route i went but I take no credit. A local built it for me. I know the 97 rail thing is proven but I just never liked it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You can just use a bulkhead 8an/6an fittings as well. Then grab some Fragola braided nylon line. You dont need PTFE if you arent doing e85. That's the route i went but I take no credit. A local built it for me. I know the 97 rail thing is proven but I just never liked it.
so you just had -8 fitting welded to the pump hat line, and a -6, than to aftermarket rails, than to regulator, and return. correct?
I been thinking that also. faster and better for down the road m122 install so ill need more anyways.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,951 Posts
so you just had -8 fitting welded to the pump hat line, and a -6, than to aftermarket rails, than to regulator, and return. correct?
I been thinking that also. faster and better for down the road m122 install so ill need more anyways.
That's pretty much what I have.

Have you thought about a whipple instead of another small eaton?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That's pretty much what I have.

Have you thought about a whipple instead of another small eaton?
I have... just picked up the rods, so it will be a bit before i can spend much more. Also picked up my racecar motor yesterday... Dart block replacement, so spend all my stash on that crap. 10k easy to spend these days.

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
I have... just picked up the rods, so it will be a bit before i can spend much more. Also picked up my racecar motor yesterday... Dart block replacement, so spend all my stash on that crap. 10k easy to spend these days.
I feel ya. I quit spending money the lightning and instead replaced it with my 66 and land cruiser.

$6200 on a trans for the LC. 4200 on a bumper and winch. $2000 for tires

We just redid seals on the doors and windows on the 66, that was about $1000.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts