Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission has been taking longer to shift here of late. Most noticeable the 3-OD shift since the cold weather we've been having. I have the Greg Evens shift kit and 4x4 pan. Could this be the start of trans going out? A 03 Lightning 4lb lower SCT tune with over 108000 miles now. Been used, but never abused.

·
Registered
56 Posts
trans acting up

I bought my 03 with 110k on it,would have preferred less miles but having looked for three months and it being a one owner older driver I did it.a couple of thousand miles in trans starts doing weird stuff. I bought 24 quarts of b&m trick shift(the regular stuff) the best service kit I could find and a napa gold spin on 1622 trans filter with remote mount.i cut the line from the cooler into the radiator (reference to direction of fluid flow) .having completed the strainer replacement reusing stock pan gasket and adding 6 quarts of trick shift i placed a rubber hose on each side of cut line draining into a 5 gallon glass graduated container.with 14 fresh quarts opened and on deck I had a friend work the key and fire it up.pretty much as fast as I could pour em down the trans funnel I did until the fluid came out clean which totaled 18 quarts and had my buddy shut her down.including the spin on it took 6 more quarts to top it off(add two for your 4x4 pan?).trans works perfect now and I tow with it quite often as it is my work truck....ported and polished factory exhaust manifolds,magnaflow 4 cat midpipes with extended bungs,magnaflow cat back,sbtb,ported midplate,crown vic e fan in stock L fan shroud,uni filter in factory box and superhips hand held tuner,stock boost,4 gallons e85 on top of shitty California 91 .good luck:bigtu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts