·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
Depends on cool you can keep it

Sent via my damn droid

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
yeah i ran mine with a cooler, vb, stock converter and i put down 588rwhp and beat the dog s*** out of it for years. still running strong
I say its luck, same as stock rods. I sheared parts in mine with a built motor & ported Eaton. It never got hot while I had it and the fluid was clear and smelled fine, just lots of "glitter". Of course, I don't seem to have good luck with this truck.
Some guys break them, some are running 10's with them, but if its a J code, its just a matter of time.

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
Though I don't recall where I came across the information I've read that a stock Gen2 Lightning motor utilizes something like 90% of the transmissions maximum torque rating capabilities....or something to that effect. But obviously lots of guys are going way beyond that and still going strong. I imagine a lot of it depends on a good number of variables as well so far as just how long a stock tranny can survive under such conditions.

Roach

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
Im sorry but if its built with diesel internals... and I have a powerstoke with 800ft lbs on a 4r100... I think as long as its cool its fine

Sent via my damn droid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.