Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I had my trans rebuilt due to a stripped intermediate assembly, fast forward I put about 300 soft Miles on the truck everything shifted well truck felt amazing. Then out of no where leaving a stop sign it just revs up and doesn’t move, brought the truck home and found a burnt up trans harness, wires weren’t exposed and no fuses blown but thinking that maybe be the problem I fixed the whole harness re installed it and took it for a drive. About 4 minutes into the drive it started doing the exact same thing again, truck is now towed back to the trans shops. I’ll be waiting about a week to hear what they say but wanted to see what any of you guys think the problem could be, fluid looked clean on the dip stick but I didn’t have time to get it up on stands and pull the pan to inspect myself as I’m leaving out of ten again! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
About a month ago I had my trans rebuilt due to a stripped intermediate assembly, fast forward I put about 300 soft Miles on the truck everything shifted well truck felt amazing. Then out of no where leaving a stop sign it just revs up and doesn’t move, brought the truck home and found a burnt up trans harness, wires weren’t exposed and no fuses blown but thinking that maybe be the problem I fixed the whole harness re installed it and took it for a drive. About 4 minutes into the drive it started doing the exact same thing again, truck is now towed back to the trans shops. I’ll be waiting about a week to hear what they say but wanted to see what any of you guys think the problem could be, fluid looked clean on the dip stick but I didn’t have time to get it up on stands and pull the pan to inspect myself as I’m leaving out of ten again! Thanks in advance
to add to it I don’t have any forward gears or reverse, when I manually shifted into reverse it seemed like truck wanted to die almost.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,597 Posts
sounds like a messed up harness due to poor repair shops lack of attention to detail

Reactions: Capt.EKB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like a messed up harness due to poor repair shops lack of attention to detail
That’s what I feel as well, but if the harness was still the problem wouldn’t it still work in reverse and 1st since those are hydraulic? I’m hoping it’s just a loose filter or something simple

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,597 Posts
That’s what I feel as well, but if the harness was still the problem wouldn’t it still work in reverse and 1st since those are hydraulic? I’m hoping it’s just a loose filter or something simple
they may have not known how to rebuild a transmission either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts