Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what fitting I need to run an -an line off the transmission instead of the hard line? Need to replace a line and don't want to use more hardline.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks like it could be it. That is the same fitting that is used in the superduty trans cooler. anyone know for sure if that same fitting will fit in the transmission?

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
Old thread but TTT since it was the exact piece of info I was looking for. Going to convert my hard lines to braided when I install a SD cooler and remove my factory one rather than splice everything up.

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Old thread but TTT since it was the exact piece of info I was looking for. Going to convert my hard lines to braided when I install a SD cooler and remove my factory one rather than splice everything up.
:bigtu its a better option in my opinion

·
14,683 Posts
link to your FS ad?

I need to get these finally while my truck is all apart!

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
I will probably do this as well. What lines do you plan on running Josh?

·
14,683 Posts
I will probably do this as well. What lines do you plan on running Josh?
Fragola PTFE hose.....not sure on bare SS or black covered SS yet though, trying to get them to send me a sample so I can at least see how the black covering looks in person and decide if it's worth it.

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
Fragola PTFE hose.....not sure on bare SS or black covered SS yet though, trying to get them to send me a sample so I can at least see how the black covering looks in person and decide if it's worth it.
Any particular reason for using the PTFE? I understand why on the fuel side, but what necessitated it for this purpose? Not saying there isn't one, just wouldn't know what it was.

·
14,683 Posts
Any particular reason for using the PTFE? I understand why on the fuel side, but what necessitated it for this purpose? Not saying there isn't one, just wouldn't know what it was.
There's a lot of things on my truck that a cheaper alternative would be "good enough", but that's not how I go about it.

Reasons why I'm going PTFE on fuel, power steering, and trans lines...
-PTFE isn't all that much more expensive than regular hose
-fuel there's zero smell, with other fluids there's no compatibility issues
-with it being braided there's no worries about hoses getting abrasion from rubbing on something like regular rubber push lock hose
-it looks much nicer than regular rubber
-I already have extra line and extra fittings.
-It's lighter than regular rubber hose
-It's smaller OD than regular rubber hose of the same ID
-It won't soften or collapse as easily as regular hose

The only thing I'm using push-lok for is intercooler/liquid cooling lines, primarily because I couldn't originally get 12AN PTFE hose, and the rubber acts a bit as an insulator more than SS braiding and Teflon, so coupled with the insulation on top of the hose, the rubber was a more ideal choice for my IC lines, but PTFE is a more ideal choice for my other stuff.

I'm sure in a couple years they'll have a push-lok PTFE hose out, now that would be the perfect middle ground. I'm actually going to get my PTFE lines assembled by Fragola with hydraulic crimp fittings this time rather than doing them myself since the black vinyl coated PTFE is more of a PITA to assemble, and Fragola can build the crimp lines for $15 a hose set. That will be $100 WELL spent!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.