Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can the stock trans hold up against? What is the normal 'threshold' for requiring a trans upgrade?

Herb

·
Administrator
18,551 Posts
Another of those "might as well" issues as we get faster.
Truth be told I think we begin on borrowed time at as little as
425hp withthese trannys.
Jim

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim,

I was kind of thinking that (but not wanting to). As my money tree has gone beyond dried-up and into MUMIFIED, I'll likely have to wait on any changes in this area - unless some miracle, generous vendor or sponsorship happens, that is.

Herb

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah, I am hoping my trans. will last for a long time.
As soon as I get the rest of my mods installed the only thing I wont have is ported heads and a built tranny. [smilie=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a really good tranny guy here that will complete build it and make it next to bullet proof, he says that noting is bullet proof. Anyway he has built the tranny that is is my truck and most of the TALON guys here in North Texas, his price is not bad with a 2800 Art Carr stall it ran me just over 2500.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
This post has got me thinkin about my tranny and how long it will last. I guess I gotta get it running right so I can get to the track again or it will last forever [smilie=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
427 Posts
99BlackBeast said:
This post has got me thinkin about my tranny and how long it will last. I guess I gotta get it running right so I can get to the track again or it will last forever [smilie=laugh.gif]
Yeah, thats one way to make a tranny last :LOL

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Count me in as one who KNOWS it's only a matter of time :sad:
At least I'll only be throwing 600/700 at it on race days.

I can tell you for a fact that Vinnie had MANY 10 sec runs on his when he took it out, and 2 years of 11's on it, and a year of 12's on it, and he prob makes 50 passes a year easy.
BTW it was working absolutely perfect when he did swap it out for a built trans. Schitt he didn't even have a FTVB in it, all he had was an accumulator thingy.

I pray I have that longevity with my stocker [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
734 Posts
When I got my Monster Box, I took my stocker to Gregg Evans. He told me mine was the second worst tranny he had ever seen in side. There was a plate or two welded together inside. Still worked ok but it would jump from 4th to 3rd at about 140 pluss?

Peace,

Suavy

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
I hope mine stays good till I go with a built motor. I allready know what my setup is going to be when I go that route, just need the Cash to put it all togather :smt021

1 - 10 of 10 Posts