Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shitstormretarded:bigtuI have had the infamous torque converter shudder that just started to occur... what kind of problem am i looking at here? my father was a ford mechanic for over 20 years and he said with a simple fluid change, the shudder should go away. it was the proto call on every ford truck in the same year span as the lightnings. am i going to have to rebuild my trans? or is he right?

·
Built not bought!... bagggzzzz
1,001 Posts
im also a mechanic at a dealer. and ive done alot of fluid changes for a torque convertor shudder and ive also reflashed the pcm's and replaced them all for that reason. it could be anything really, but if it is bc of a build up on the clutches inside the convertor that is causing it, then a simple fluid flush will resolve ur problem. im seen many of thhese problems and many different ways to fx them. but a fluid flush is the cheapest easiest and most simple way, so start there. how many miles are on ur truck and have u even ever changed the fluid?

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
Can you post up some evidence of this noise?

Could this be the same thing bellow?

Click picture to start video-

I would love to not have to drop this damn transmission if its something that simple..

When car is in low gear or reverse you can't really hear it. Once you accelerate you can hear it and when you come to a stop you can hear it..

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
Oops thats a picture of my Talon, I meant to post this:

Click pic to start vid-

Stupid phone wont let me edit the above post.

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,827 Posts
no such thing as build up on the clutches in the converter!!!! the converter if stock only has one clutch! and if its starting to shudder then the lining or seals are bad!!! replace the converter and your good!!!

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
100% positive its bell housing and I figured broken flywheel. It sounds nothing like a spun rod. Others have confirmed the cracked flywheel sound as well but I was juuuuuust checkin to see if OP possible had the same issue as I and his or mine were something else than we figured. Tranny is comin down this week though, no biggie.

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,827 Posts
100% positive its bell housing and I figured broken flywheel. It sounds nothing like a spun rod. Others have confirmed the cracked flywheel sound as well but I was juuuuuust checkin to see if OP possible had the same issue as I and his or mine were something else than we figured. Tranny is comin down this week though, no biggie.
damn sure sounds like a broken flywheel or spun rod bearing on the video!! dereks sounded nothing like that!but good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.