Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will uping the shift firmness on the predator hurt the tranny? i uped it i dont feel much of a difference anyway but i was just wondering cause its only suppose to work at WOT and im not at wot much anyway just every once in awhile if i happen to race someone

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
i have the predator also. i also have a ftvb. with is like a shift kit but much better. and when my truck shifts from 1-2 i eat my tires up when i am racing. but when i am on the street it just about snatches your neck. and i have only one thing that goes wrong with the tranny. the extension seal keeps getting worn out to quick. but since i have the jlp traction bars on there and it has stopped the axle flex i have not had that problem. other than that i have had no problems...

the kid

·
Registered
541 Posts
lightningkid said:
i have the predator also. i also have a ftvb. with is like a shift kit but much better. and when my truck shifts from 1-2 i eat my tires up when i am racing. but when i am on the street it just about snatches your neck. and i have only one thing that goes wrong with the tranny. the extension seal keeps getting worn out to quick. but since i have the jlp traction bars on there and it has stopped the axle flex i have not had that problem. other than that i have had no problems...

the kid
I just got the FTVB and I want to install ASAP but should I wait till i get traction bars on? After reading the above post I'm gonna say yes,but are there peeps out there who installed without getting traction bars?
Thanks,
Bryan

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
i installed my ftvb. about 3 to 4 months before i got the traction bars and i had no problems. until i started running it real hard (drag racing started)..... i dont think that it would hurt to put the ftvb on before you put the traction bars on... but i would look into traction bars afterwards..... i would recommend the jlp kind but i am partial too....

the kid.........

·
Registered
541 Posts
lightningkid said:
i installed my ftvb. about 3 to 4 months before i got the traction bars and i had no problems. until i started running it real hard (drag racing started)..... i dont think that it would hurt to put the ftvb on before you put the traction bars on... but i would look into traction bars afterwards..... i would recommend the jlp kind but i am partial too....

the kid.........
Awesome,thanks bro. My truck isn't ready to drag yet...but I wanted to install the FTVB now.
Thanks again,
Bryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts