Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
sweet03cobra
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife took the truck out and must of hit a speed bump hard or something because the drain plus is bent and leaking like a sib. I had the 4x4 pan on there that held a extra quart but the plug on the bottom seems pretty dumb. so now I have to get yet another pan, what else are people going with out there, is there one that has the plug in the rear? Thanks

·
sweet03cobra
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so do you still use the same 4x4 tranny filter that is in there and original rubber gasket? I have it apart now and debating to put the factory pan back on or wait to order something? if I got back with the factory pan I have to go back to the original filter right or are those both the same? I work on it so little it is hard to remember, I guess the older I get the more crap I am going to have to write down :)

·
sweet03cobra
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see, seems like the FT-113 is a stock filter, the 114 is if you have the 4x4 pan. Looks like that Moroso uses the stock Ft-113 so if I throw the stock pan on for now, I shouldn't have to change the filter again down the road right?

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,444 Posts
I have a Mag-Hytec, just not on until I get this MP blower sorted out. It holds 16 quarts. And the plug on the bottom is flush with the bottom, doesn't protrude. It's a deep pan, but my truck isn't lowered. Will have seven inches clearance when installed. One inch below my George C tubular transmission cross member.

·
11 second street truck
9,928 Posts
I have a Mag-Hytec, just not on until I get this MP blower sorted out. It holds 16 quarts. And the plug on the bottom is flush with the bottom, doesn't protrude. It's a deep pan, but my truck isn't lowered. Will have seven inches clearance when installed. One inch below my George C tubular transmission cross member.
That 16 quarts includes converter. No fucking way that pan holds 11 quarts over stock.

·
GoD GiVeN
1,866 Posts
I went with Derale, I liked the engineering idea of this pan, I can be in stop and go traffic and my tranny temp might get to 160-170 degrees depending on outside temps, and once I hit the highway, it will usually drop to 145-155 degrees, it also uses the stock filter... My drain plug is on the side, but the one in the link shows to be on the bottom, either way, just another idea

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,266 Posts
I went with Derale, I liked the engineering idea of this pan, I can be in stop and go traffic and my tranny temp might get to 160-170 degrees depending on outside temps, and once I hit the highway, it will usually drop to 145-155 degrees, it also uses the stock filter... My drain plug is on the side, but the one in the link shows to be on the bottom, either way, just another idea

I had one. My truck is way too low for one. I like the idea of that pan aswell perfect for a lifted truck or my expedition

·
9,444 Posts
That 16 quarts includes converter. No fucking way that pan holds 11 quarts over stock.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm going by the instructions. They say 16 quarts. When you pull the pan, the converter doesn't drain, far as I know. The instructions say to add 16 quarts. Obviously, when I get around to installing it, I'll add the fluid slowly so as not to overfill it, if what you say is the case.

I think the truck in this picture has one, judging by the fins. But holy hell, look at how low that exhaust pipe is.

Attachments

·
9,444 Posts
Well Dusten, I'm going to do what I have wanted to do for awhile. I have a three gallon fuel can in the garage, clearly marked for three gallons. I'll put the trans pan on my work bench, and fill it with water from the three gallon container. If it's as you say, the three gallons (12 quarts) will be too much. I'll have a one gallon bottle of water sitting there also, just in case. So we'll see what happens. I want to know before I put it on so I don't have to do any second guessing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts