Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a while back i bought a chassis brace kit from Stiflers, i had it fitted ok but the rear was still a bit loose so i bought a tramp rod set LLB-FT01 from them as well.
After having the local workshop do it for me, the brackets all went on ok, but wen it came time to fit the rods them selves, they seem to want to go straight thru the exhaust on the passenger side ..
If i alted the tail pipes it will either be to high to go over the rod, or to low if i go under the rod ?
Has any one else ever had this issue ?
If i buy another exhaust and have it shipped to New zealand,( ? $$$$ )is it going to fix the issue or will it become an expensice ash tray ??
Any advice welcome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
installed stifflers long bars on my 99 and found the tail pipes laying about 1/8 in above the bars,the vibration caused the pipes to rattle and anoye the hell out of me. You can adjust the tail pipe alittel ,but not much. I ended up placing a spacer between the bracket and the frame. I had to elongate the mounting holes in the bracket to allow for the spacer. I used a 3/8 in thick plate the same demention as the bracket.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as i know, its std Lightning height ?
And I thought it was OE exhaust but maybe its aftermarket and not a great fit ?

Im thinking the first shot would be to the nearist muffler shop and see if the tail pipes can be moved with out major drama ……..

·
10 second street truck
13,054 Posts
As far as i know, its std Lightning height ?
And I thought it was OE exhaust but maybe its aftermarket and not a great fit ?

Im thinking the first shot would be to the nearist muffler shop and see if the tail pipes can be moved with out major drama ……..

Can you post up pictures? The clearance on the bars is good. The bars also have multiple mounting points within the bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts