Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about a setup like this on a L? I plan on building my own longbars but I got to researching some alternative setups and these look pretty good. I do understand that it will be some more stress on the frame but would they be more effective than traditional longbars? Any input would be great, thanks.

Attachments

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
what are the for... an F-body...

·
15,687 Posts
im tying to determine what bolts where...lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The axle tube goes in between the 2 bushings with mounting tabs coming off the axle and I would ned to make a crossmember for the front shackle to mount to.

·
15,687 Posts
it would definitley prevent axle wrap... idk if it would put the pivot point and weight transfer any better than slappers tho

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do know that this style of traction bar works great on offroad vehicles, I was just thinking with my L being lowered it would eliminate any exhaust clearance issues. I have a Hotchkis TVS system and my truck hooks pretty good (1.72 60ft times, with no wheel hop on Hankooks) but i'm worried about u joint and driveshaft issues having a #6 lower, tune and Punnisher VB. It shifts pretty viloently.

·
Carpe diem
10,810 Posts
im thinking by the time you do somthing like that you might as well just go with the metco kit for lowered L's

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats $500, I have the resources and more than capable of building my own bars rather it be long bars or what looks to be a "goofey ass wishbone for a four link" lol. I do see what your getting at though.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
only one way to find out if it works...

get 'er done and take lots of pics

·
Poor driver mod
1,414 Posts
no need to reinvent the wheel, or traction bars as in this case, either get slappers or long bars, or the metco bars, all of them work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts